Chapter Twelve ~ It's Coronation Day

T A T U M

     I hum is distaste as I feel myself being shaken awake

"Go away," I groan in annoyance.

"Get up! It's coronation day!" Sings a familiar voice.

"Onyx, get out," I sigh, it was too early for this.

"I can't it's in an hour! Odysseus said to be ready!" She says sounding frantic.

"WHAT?!" I practically scream. An hour?! I only have an hour?

I quickly sit up giving myself a dizzy spell. That wasn't smart.

"Yes I need to get you ready bestie!" She says in panic whilst pulling the sheets off me. She's lucky I wasn't naked.

"What time is it?" I ask flicking the blanket off my feet before standing up.

"It's eleven. It starts at twelve," she says grabbing out a long white dress.

"Woah am I getting married today?" I ask her joking as I gesture to the elegant dress.

"Yes, it's a part of it," she says in all seriousness, I wait a good minute for her laugh and tell me she's joking... but she doesn't.
"And you're lucky we're werewolves otherwise you'd be wearing shoes for this," she says while running around like a headless chook, trying to get her shit together.

"Help me!" I practically yell at her.
"What do I do first?" I ask her, panic setting in as she panics.

"Come on! We'll do your makeup first!" She says, dragging me over to the vanity.

"Where are the maids? Aren't they meant to be helping?" I ask her confused. I mean I don't expect someone to wait on me hand and foot but they did it last time, so now I'm confused.

"I told Odysseus I could handle it!" She says as I sit down at the makeup mirror. She quickly applies my makeup flawlessly within fifteen minutes. A new record I reckon.

I look at myself in the mirror as she does my hair, enhancing my natural waves. I looked stunning. Usually I would be so self-conscious but I rocked the natural look. Onyx leaves my hair down but uses two pieces to tie the front parts of my hair together at the back, leaving a few nice strands to frame my face. She pulls my hair behind my shoulders so my mark is exposed.

"Ok now the dress!" She exclaims frantically, practically pulling me out of the chair.

I slip on the beautiful long dress and admire it in the mirror from across the room. I thought that one day when I got married I would have been able to pick my own dress, but regardless I feel like this is exactly what I would have chose to begin with.

The only difference is I'm not marrying the love of my life. It must be easy for him.

Onyx puts on my earrings and diamond sash around my waist like a belt, finishing the look off with a long veil. She sits it so it's already in place so Odysseus doesn't have to move it.