Chapter Thirty-Four ~ The Full Moon

T A T U M

      I open my eyes to a familiar place

      I open my eyes to a familiar place. The pack hospital.

I hear beeping and look to my left noticing a heart rate monitor, or whatever it was called. I look to my right noticing a drip. How long had I been out for?

I quiet down my thinking as talking erupts from the other side of the door.

"She should be awake by now... I don't understand," Odysseus' frustrated voice rings through the air as the door opens.

"I know Alpha she will be awaken by the full moon had she not waken up on her own before hand," the doctor says as they both enter the room.

"When's the full moon?" I ask, startling them both.

"You're awake?" Odysseus asks me, walking over to me.

"I think so," I joke with a small smile.

He rushes over to me giving me a hug, I hug him back confused.

"How long was I out for?" I ask him before he kisses me.

"A week," Odysseus says.
"The full moon is tonight."

———

"I'm not ready for this shit," I blurt to Onyx as she makes me food.

"It's alright. Trust me I wasn't ready either," she says taking the party pies out of the oven.

"Yeah but... at least you knew your whole that this moment would come! The thought of shifting hasn't even crossed my mind until less than a few weeks ago. Then I wake up and am told 'hey! I know you just came out of a mini coma but you're going to be shifting into a god damn wolf tonight'. THAT IS CRAZY!" I yell for emphasis, trying to get my point across that this was completely bonkers.

"I know. But you'll get through it," Onyx says using tongs to place the party pies on a plate for me.

"Eat all of them, you need your strength," she says turning around with at least fifteen party pies on the plate. Leaving five for herself.

"All of them?!" I ask looking at them.

"Yes," she says, shoving a party pie into her mouth. She immediately spits it out.

"OUCH! Hot! Hot!" She yells running to fridge, grabbing out some orange juice. I watch as she frantically finds a cup and pours the orange juice before practically inhaling it all.

"Well it did just come out of the oven," I state the obvious, a blush rising on my cheeks.

She gives me a pointed look. I sigh.

"Well if you expect me to eat all of these I'm going to need some barbecue sauce," I say to her.

She walks to cupboard and hands me the barbecue sauce.