Chapter Sixty-Two ~ Sweetheart

O D Y S S E U S

     I turn around to see Alpha Vertez leaping towards me with his claws out

     I turn around to see Alpha Vertez leaping towards me with his claws out. Suddenly a bright light flashes and a loud yelp is heard through the field. I look down and gasp softly in surprise.

"Tatum?"

———

T A T U M

     "Tatum?" Odysseus asks me as I look over at Alpha Jack who was now fifty feet away to see him scurry to stand back up on all fours

"Yes! Yes we did that? BEING A WITCH WOLF IS SO COOL!" Soren yells happily in my mind.

We did that... I did that.

"Tatum?! What are you doing here?" Odysseus asks me angrily before touching my shoulder, he winces and pulls back from me.

I ignore him pulling out one of my swords as I focus my attention on the poor excuse of an Alpha that betrayed us.

"Let's dance doggy," I hiss at him. He growls in response and stamps his foot onto the ground. He was ready.

"Tatum?" Odysseus asks as I start speed walking towards Alpha Jack.

Little did Odysseus know that Alpha Martin was still alive and he had yet to kill him. He gets the upper hand over Odysseus and kicks his legs out from underneath him.

Odysseus falls to the ground but quickly recovers, getting back up only for us to be surrounded by wolves that had finished killing some of our allies. Josh and Corbin run over to help us fight off the bad guys. I make eye contact with Josh and throw him the gun. He looks at me wide eyed, catching it narrowly before continuing running.

I focus my attention back on the snake and give him a hard glare.

If he thought he could get away with hurting and betraying the people I loved, then he was in for a rude awakening.

"Not the girl!" Alpha Jack's voice rings through the air.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH HER!" Odysseus' voice booms through the field, Josh and Corbin growl in warning at Jack as they fight they start to fight off the wolves. They create a path for me before closing in on Odysseus and the guys. My heart pounds for their safety but I needed to focus on the task at hand.