Chapter Twenty-Five ~ WTF

T A T U M

     It's been a couple of weeks since the funeral, Odysseus is doing much better

     It's been a couple of weeks since the funeral, Odysseus is doing much better. He barely thinks about his father, he taught me how to tap into his thoughts in case I was worried about him. I was grateful for that.

Odysseus has given me permission to go on walks and get myself familiar with the pack land and people, so today I intended to do that.

I get ready for the day before heading downstairs. I was hungry and should probably get something to eat.

Odysseus had a meeting today.
"A important issue that needed to be discussed immediately," I recall his exact words.

He didn't tell me what it was about nor can I hear his thoughts, but that didn't worry me. Regardless, I couldn't help but wonder what the important issue was. I'd have to ask him about it later — assuming he's willing to share.

I shake my head free of any thoughts and continue my way to the kitchen.

I open the door and stand still in my place, shocked.

There stood Brian leaning against the counter. He looked at me and smiled at me gently. I blinked a few times trying to see if this was real.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, not taking my eyes off him.

"Look Luna," he says comes around the counter, I quickly do the same so he can't touch me.

"JUST! Just stay where you are," I reply feeling freaked out.

He sighs realising he's terrified the living daylights out of me.

"Look Tatum, I mean Luna. I'm not going to hurt you, I am truely sorry for threatening you. Odysseus told me everything, he said that you told him you weren't a part of it and that you never knew what was happening, I believe the both of you. I know that Odysseus would never lie to me. I'm sorry for judging you and I just want you to know that I won't lay a finger on you and I don't expect you to trust me right now, but I hope that one day you know I'd lay my life down for you in a second. You can count on me even if you don't feel it," Brian says to me, looking at me with complete sincerity.

"Ok. I believe you. But I still don't trust you, I know that you're grieving the loss of your mate and my condolences by the way, I'm sure she was an amazing person... but what you said to me will stay with me forever. Every time I look at you that's the first thing I'm going to think of. Trust is earned not given and from the moment I met you, you have given me no reason to trust you. So it's going to take a while," I say to him, still not taking my eyes off him.

"That's ok Luna. However long it takes. When you decide... hopefully one day we can even be friends. I'd like to start mending our relationship today if you are free and if that's ok with you," he says offering me a small smile.