Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ Another Suprise!

O D Y S S E U S

     "Alpha! Alpha! We're under attack!" I hear Brian yell as he shakes me awake

"What?!" I ask, sitting up before feeling the bed next to me.

"Where's Tatum?!" I yell at him, getting up and looking around, she was fucking no where to be seen.

"She's in danger! She went for a walk twenty minutes ago and no one can find her! But it's the humans! They're here! And their wearing silver armour, I don't know what we're gonna do Alpha!" Brian yells.

I feel a tug in my head and suddenly I'm in the backseat of my mind, my wolf breaking surface for the first time in over one hundred years.

It was dangerous when he got out, I had learned to control it over the years but the thought of his mate being in danger pushed him over the edge.

There was no way I was getting back into the drivers seat without our mate safe in our arms.

"Say less," my wolf growls before shifting right in the middle of our room.

We barge past Brian and run through the castle the fastest we have ever ran before. The guards eyes bulge out of their heads as they quickly open the doors just in time for me to sprint out.

My eyes seem to deceive me, instead of a war I see balloons and party hats, I quickly come to a skid.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" My pack yells, catching me by surprise.

It was my birthday. It had seemed to slip my mind with all the stuff going on recently.

"Happy birthday, Odysseus!" I hear my precious girl say before I see her. She comes through the crowd.

She looks at me in shock and almost drops the cake. She's only seen me in wolf form once before, it must have brought back memories, although she had not seen me with golden eyes. Had she even seen a wolf before?

"Woah," she says as someone takes the cake from her.

"You're so much bigger than I remembered," she says before patting me on the snout. My wolf purrs at her affection, letting me take back control knowing she's safe.

I wag my tail and she giggles at me.

A maid comes over with some clothes from my wardrobe. I take them in my mouth, silently thanking her.

I nudge Tatum with my snout before walking behind some bushes. I quickly shift back into my human form and shove on my clothes, wanting to get back to my girl as fast as I could. I jog out and open my arms for my girl, she smiles and runs into my arms giving me a big hug.

"How did you know?" I ask her, knowing she put this together.

"The better question is why didn't you tell me?" She looks at me, eyebrows raised accusingly causing me to laugh at her.