Chapter Eighteen ~ Human

T A T U M

     "Well That was nice," I say to Odysseus as I stretch

"It was, what would you like to do now?" He asks me smiling, taking in my appearance. I was glad I had chose to present myself nicely today.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" I ask him smiling.

"That could be nice," he says.
"Let's go," he continues before getting up and offering me his hand. I smile before taking it as he helps me up.

Hand-in-hand we walk up to our chamber and at the end of it I'm puffed.

"I don't like... walking up... so... far... every time..." I say as I try and catch my breath.

"Sorry my love, I can install a lift for you if that's what you desire," he says causing me to sigh in relief as he opens the door.

"That would be amazing!" I practically sing as I collapse on the freshly made bed.

I will never get how the maids do everything so fast.

"Odysseus?" I ask as he goes into the closet, wanting to talk about something that had also been plaguing my mind.

"Mhmm?" He replies, preoccupied.

"I'm human," I say to him, trying to get him to figure out where this conversation was going so I didn't have to say it.

"I know baby," he says from the closet, not getting where I'm going with this.

"And you're a werewolf, you're already over a hundred years old. You're going to outlive me so easily," I say to him, laying back on the bed and staring up at the ceiling.
"You want this to work but it just doesn't sound feasible," I say to him, trying to rack my brain for a solution but it's just so easily explained and I didn't want to believe it.

"I know..." he sighs and comes out of the closet.
He sits next me on the bed.

"So, since we're on this topic... another reason that I didn't want you to come was because I was looking for a solution to our problem... look. Promise me that you'll keep an open mind please," he says and looks me dead in the eyes.

What the fuck was this bastard on about? I had no clue. But I needed to know.

"I promise," I say to him, sitting up properly and giving him all of my attention.

"You're father, since your mother had died has been working with science and he has since then found a way for human mates to become wolves," he says cautiously letting the words soak into my brain.

"What?" I ask him, flabbergasted.

"While I was there I gave your father some of my DNA to come up with a syringe for you, to turn you into a werewolf," he says making me see what he was saying more clearly.