37| Regret

"Come sit we need to talk abnay ; my son." Hajiya Maryam said and dragged Ammar to the nearest couch.

"So, as you have seen the situation at hand , I don't want Zara going back to her dark phase , Ammar please help her, I don't want anything to remind her of him, that's why i want your wedding to be as soon as possible so that you people could leave the country." Hajiya Maryam said and held his hand.

"In Sha Allah Aunt, i promise you, i will make her forget him, it's a promise from your son." Ammar said smiling at his Aunt.

"Thank you so much son, thank you, go to her room , i know she must be done by now." Hajiya Maryam said.

"Okay Aunt." Ammar said and made his way upstairs to Zara's room, he knocked on the door twice before entering, he met on her bed, her head in between her knees crying.

"Subhanallah baby what's wrong." He said as he hurriedly went to her, "Please say something my love." He said.

"Please tell me baby." He asked again worried, she broke down in a new set of tears.

"Shush, it's okay my love please tell me what's the matter." Ammar said.

"Ya Ammar, why is it that I can't be happy anymore?She sniffed.

"Why is it that everyone hates me , what did i do to deserve this , please tell me." Zara said and broke down in another set of tears.

"Shush , nobody hates you , okay, we all love you so very much." Ammar said.  "They all hate me , Ya Ammar , they hate me." Zara said.

"Who are they." Ammar asked, "His family , they all hate me." Zara said, Ammar fisted his hands wishing Faisal was there so he could land a blow on his face for putting his Zara in pain.

"It's okay my baby, so what if they hate you, they put it upon themselves to do that, as far as you didn't do anything to them, you need not to worry yourself okay everything will be fine In Sha Allah." Ammar said.

"Okay, but Ya Amir, I'm sure he's angry with me or even hate me." Zara said looking at Ammar with her tear stained face.

"No of course , he doesn't hate you baby, afterall you are his sister, he is just angry, now go dress up let's go have some ice cream." Ammar said smiling at her,

"Okay." She said and nodded her head before sashaying to her closet.

Ya Allah , see us through, Ammar thought.

———
"Yaya, what happened, i hope you didn't get injured." Dinah said taking Faisal's hand in hers,

"It's nothing okay, don't worry yourself Dinah , I'm fine." Faisal said withdrawing his hands from hers.

"I know Yaya , it's because of that stupid girl right." Dinah said venom dripping from her voice, before one could realize anything Faisal has slapped Dinah on her cheeks.

"Don't you dare call her that again, understood." Faisal thundered.

"Y..yes Yaya." Dinah said holding her cheek, "Good." He said and left, Dinah burst out in tears and went inside.

"Ammie, Aunt Aisha." She said as she enters inside the room crying.

"What happened My baby." Hajiya Aisha asked cupping Dinah's face, "Aunt , Yaya slapped me just because i called that Zara stupid."

"What, how dare he." Hajiya Ruqayya seethe not minding Hajiya Aisha's presence, "Sorry , my love i will talk to him when he comes back." Hajiya Aisha said,

"Hm, i will surely set that Zara of a girl in her place." Hajiya Ruqayya smirked.

"How Adda?" Hajiya Aisha asked.

Hajiya Ruqayya looked at her sister intently, oh her poor sister , she's so innocent that she doesn't know what her elder sister is capable of.

Hajiya Aisha who was frightened by how her sister is looking at her gulps before saying,
"Um , i..i'm so..rry Adda, if what i said offended you."

Hajiya Ruqayya almost laughed but masked up, oh her poor sister, so she thought she's angry at her, hm, you are doing a great job Rukky.

———
"Oh God baby, I really can't wait for Amir and Hanifa to get married." Nafida said squealing.

"Hm, really." Mahmud said looking at her with so much love.

"Yes of course, you see it will also strengthen the bond between our families." She said hugging him.

"Yes baby it will and that's very good." He said hugging her back.

"Yes." She said still in his arms,

"Where is Faraaz , i haven't seen him today." Mahmud asked.

"Oh, earlier when i went to the hospital to check on Maesha , Aunt Aisha suggested i leave him with her , that she will send someone bring him back later." Nafida said smoothening his beard.

"Hm, okay then, how is my baby doing then." Mahmud asked pinching her cheeks making her to laugh.

The sound of his phone vibrating grabbed their attention, "Ugh, who is this spoiler." Mahmud groaned making Nafida to laugh again.

"Oh it's Amir, let me pick." He said and picked the call, "Ya Mahmud, help me please, Daddy has forbade me from marrying Hanifa." Came Amir's broken voice.

"What, but why." Mahmud said and stood up making Nafida to also do the-same,

"Wait, where are you now." Mahmud asked, "I'm at Ya Muhammad's house." Amir said.

"Okay , stay there I'm coming right now, okay." Mahmud said and ended the call.

"Baby what's wrong." Nafida asked worried, "It's nothing serious baby, relax it's work related issue." He lied to her, he can't afford to tell her the truth when she is so excited about the marriage,

"Oh what a relief , I thought it's something big, okay baby bye come back soon." Nafida said and kissed him,

"Bye babe." He said and left.

———
Faisal looks at them from afar from where he is seated in the park, they were smiling and laughing at something, he feels his heart burning with an undeniably rage, he felt like punching Ammar hard on the face.

What has he done to deserve this, what? he asked hisself , he is so much in pain that nobody could see it through him.

He misses his Zara more than anything, he really do and he wants her back, but he knows that's not possible with Ammar on the line, and he knows for sure his Zara has started to love him.

"Innanilahi wa'ina ilaihi raji'un." He mutters to himself, he suddenly remembers what he told Zara that very day.

"You are nothing but a harlot." He remembered how she felt the pain at that time, but he didn't cared , and now he's regretting.

How could he let his Zara , his first love, to slip out of his hands like that, he made a grievous mistake for not investigating about that particular picture that destroyed everything.

He made a mistake for not believing Zara when she told him and pleaded with him that she was not the one, he made a mistake for trusting that picture easily, and he would forever learn to live with that mistake that has destroyed his life completely.

10.4.21💎