14| The Vow

Alhaji Abdulmanaf entered his room and met his wife on the phone.

"Adda I told you I can do anything to make you happy." He heard her say.

She turned her head only to see her husband looking very furious.

She gulped and said. "Adda in Sha Allah it will I have to go now." She said and ended the call.

"Uhmm you are back!" She said forcing a smile. She hopes her husband didn't heard her conversation.

"Aisha what did I told you?" Alhaji Abdulmanaf said with so much rage.

"Uhm what do you mean Habiby I don't——Just shut up Aisha!! and stop pretending as if you don't know what am talking about." He furiously cut her off.

"I warned you Aisha ,I warned you not to force Faisal into this marriage with your niece didn't I?" He thundered making her to flinch.

"Oh was he the one that told you I forced him?" She said trying to act brave . But deep down she's very afraid of her seething husband.

"Just shut up I don't need to be told because I saw it in his eyes Aisha he was crying for goodness sake."Alhaji Abdulmanaf said.

"What!! What do you mean he was crying?" She asked.

"Yes I saw him crying Aisha . He has a girlfriend for crying out loud why do you want to force him into a loveless marriage Aisha were you forced?" He said taken ahold of her shoulder.

Hajiya Aisha burst out in tears. She really has no option. On one hand she promised her elder sister and on the other hand she gave her word to her beloved niece.

Alhaji Abdulmanaf went to his wife and hugged her.
"I really don't have an option I really don't Habiby." She said crying.

"It's okay Habibty you don't have to stress yourself." Alhaji Abdulmanaf said patting her back.

"But Adda. You know I've called her and told her about his acceptance she was so happy." Hajiya Aisha said hiccuping.

"It's okay Aisha remember Faisal is your only son can you bear to see him in pain?" Alhaji Abdulmanaf asked.

"No I can't I really want my son to be happy I really do." She said.

"Then don't force him into doing something he doesn't want he really love his girlfriend you see , don't break two hearts at once Aishana." Alhaji Abdulmanaf said.

"I really want to see my son happy but I also can't bear to see my Adda angry at me."

Alhaji Abdulmanaf sighed. He knows his wife loves her sister so dearly that she can lay her life for her. And she's also very afraid of her. That is one of her weakest point.

"Aisha listen to me I'm not trying to ruin your relationship between you and your sister but if you really want your son's happiness then do as I say." With that he left the room.

"Innanillahi wa'ina ilaihi raji'un what am I going to do."Hajiya Aisha said bursting into a new set of tears.

———

I woke up a little after maghrib Subhanallah I've missed my salat.

I hurriedly entered the bathroom and performed abulution and prayed afterwards.

I was in the prayer mat saying my azhkar when I heared a knock .

"Come in" I said. "Yaya Alhaji is calling you" Our maid Hafsatu said.