27| Love Triangle

"Allah forgives not that partners should be set with HIM, but HE forgives anything else to whom HE pleases,To set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most heinous indeed"
Holy Qur'an (4:48).

Sunday.
2:12PM.

"Father I went to Aunt Shareefah's house to get Hanifah but she told me she and Nadia has went to her sister inlaw's house" Khalifah said when they all gathered to eat lunch.

"Oh really but I think I saw Nadia earlier in the mall" Senator Ahmad said.

Hajiya Ruqayyah gulped before saying,
"Are you sure she's the one I mean..you heard what Khalifah just said." Hajiya Ruqayyah said.

"Maybe she was not the one you saw Father" Dinah said.

"Oh okay I guess it was her lookalike" Senator Ahmad said and everyone continue eating their lunch.

After they were done Hajiya Ruqayyah went to her room and called her sister.

"Hello Salamualaykum Adda good afternoon" Hajiya Shareefah greeted.

"Wa alaykumusalam afternoon what did you tell Khalifah when he came to your house?" Hajiya Ruqayyah asked.

"Uhm. Adda I told him they are at my sister in-law's house." Hajiya Shareefah said.

"Ohh okay you have done a great job" Hajiya Ruqayyah said.

"Thank you Adda but can I ask you something please?" Hajiya Shareefah said.

"What is it" Hajiya Ruqayyah asked.

"Uhm... Why ..do .you I mean where is Hanifah?" Hajiya Shareefah said stammering.

"Wai what's your business ne Shareefah stop interfering I'm warning you for the last time" Hajiya Ruqayyah gritted.

"Uhm..I ..I'm so sorry Adda if I offended you" Hajiya Shareefah stammered.

"Mtswww" Hajiya Ruqayyah hissed and ended the call before making her way to Hanifah's room.

She met her on the bed curled up still crying her lunch still untouched.

"Why are you wasting your time and energy crying Hanifah" Hajiya Ruqayyah said and sat next to Hanifah on the bed making Hanifah to shift away .

"Why are you running away from me Hanifah am I a snake" Hajiya Ruqayyah said smiling evily at her daughter.

"You are worse than a snake you are a monster" Hanifah retorted.

Tass. Was the the sound that resonated around the four walls of the room.

"How dare you say that to me Hanifah how dare you am I your mate" Hajiya Ruqayyah gritted.

Hanifah started crying hysterically after the hot slap that was given to her.

"Will you keep quiet now!" Hajiya Ruqayyah thundered making her to flinch.

Hajiya Ruqayyah took the tray of food that is on the bedside. She took a spoonful of the Jollof rice and shove it in Hanifah's mouth.

"Leave me I don't wanna eat" Hanifah said.

Hajiya Ruqayyah didn't pay heed to her and continue to shove the food down Hanifah's throat untill the plate became empty.

"Tell me do you want to be set free" Hajiya Ruqayyah asked.

"Yes" Hanifah said and nodded her head.