3| Faisal

Saturday.
1:36Pm.

"Yaya ,Yaya ka tashi mana ,wake up please."
My baby sister said as she tries to wake me up from my peaceful sleep.

"What is it Maesha?" I asked.

She pouted before saying "Abbie is calling you and he said that I should tell you is urgent."

"Okay my Maesha I'm coming , hm?" I said smiling at her and she smiled back.

"Okay Yaya." She said in her childish voice and left. I love her so much she's just eight but she knows the do's and don't's.

Well my name is Faisal Abdulmanaf Muhammad 'Yar'adua, I'm twenty-four years old I'm the only male amongst four females an heir to UDI group of companies.

My height 6'5 feet tall, and I'm fair in complexion which I inherited from my mother. My body is well built due to excessive gymming. I really love gymming and doing all sort of sports it gives me joy.

Both my parents are from Katsina my father is a full Hausa man while my mother is a pure Fulani. We sometimes speaks her native tongue but not all always, because Abbie doesn't understand Fulani that much. So he used to say.

"So you are ganging up with you mother to speak Fulani ko ? Ku bar bawan Allah shi kadai ; you leave poor me alone."

We always laugh at his statement . Though he knows some things in Fulani probably because of the years he spent married to my mother.

I took my shower dress up in black tee and sweatpants and left to meet Abbie in his living room.

"Salam Alaikum." I sallam-ed as I entered his parlour.

"Wa Alaikassalam." He answered.

"Good Afternoon Abbie." I greeted.

"Afternoon Son,  how is work?" He asked turning the pages of the daily trust newspaper. That's Abbie for you , always reading a newspaper.

"Alhamdulillah Abbie."

"Toh Masha Allah." He answered.

"Son, since it's a weekend I want you to go to my friend's house Alhaji Ahmad I want you to collect some documents for me." Abbie said.

"Sure Abbie where is the house located?."

"Nassarawa G.R.A." He said.

"Okay Abbie let me go see Maama before leaving." I said rosing up from where i sat in the carpet.

"Sure , May God bless you."

"Ameen Abbie. Thank you." I said and i left.

——
I met Maama in her parlour with khadijah on her laps.

"Jam Nial Maama ; Good afternoon Maama." I greeted.

"Jam , Afternoon Faisal" She said in her thick Fulani accent smiling. "How are you.?" Maama enquirers.

"Fine Alhamdulilah Maama." I answered smiling back.

" Masha Allah."

"Yaya Faisal ,Good afternoon." Khadijah greeted.

"Afternoon Dijeh, how are you doing?"

"God Yaya please stop calling me Dijeh."She said pouting making us to laugh at her.

"What's there if i call you that?  is it not your name." I teased.

"My name is khadijah not Dijeh." She said emphasizing on the Dijeh.

"If not of  your naivety it's the same Dijeh na." Maama teased.

"Maamahhhhhhh." Khadijah whinned making us to all laugh at her.

"When will you grow up Dijeh you are fifteen but you are still behaving like a child I wonder where Maesha is that she even let you lay on Maama's lap."

"Tell her too. You're now a grown up Khadijah and you should be acting like one." Maama said.

"Maama, why is the house so quite where is Riri,(Rayhana )and Feenah,(Nafeesah)?" I asked

"They went to the beauty parlor." Khadija said.

"Okay Maama,  I have to go , Abbie has sent me on an errand."

"Okay Son, May God bring you back safely." Maama prayed.

"Ameen ameen Maama." I said smiling. I love it whenever my parents bless me like that. It gives me so much joy and strength.

"Bye Yaya." Said Khadijah.

"Bye Dijeh" I teased again.

"Yaya, pleaseeeeee." She whinned.

"Oops, I'm sorry , bye Khadijah." I said and exited the parlor leaving them both laughing at something on the Tv show they were watching before i went in earlier.

13.7.20💎