Chapter 38

Academy Master Ge didn’t neglect the words that Ye You had carelessly said, and the first thing he did when he rushed over to the front courtyard was to confirm if it truly had been the black piece’s move. The white piece had been forced into a corner again and again, and for the sake of obtaining a moment to breathe, he could have, more likely than not, sent over a random person pretending it was from the black piece in order to mislead them.

But right after he asked, he found that he had overthought it.

A letter was also delivered along with the flute player, and the handwriting on the letter was exactly the same as the one brought by the beggar to Bodhi Prison; they definitely came from the same person. As the Academy Master of Dingtian Academy, he could at least guarantee this much. But this letter was not written in the same style as the words on the secret book or the map, and after an interval of eight to nine years, they certainly wouldn’t be easy to compare.

Manor Lord Wei asked, “You’re sure?”

Academy Master Ge returned the letter to Abbot Ciyuan and said, “Completely sure.”

And because he was sure, he was even more capable of recognizing how clever Sir Xiao was; it was practically as if he could see through all schemes without fail.

He couldn’t help but look at Sir Xiao, thinking about how good it’d be if this person would just enter their Academy. It was only that Wenren Heng would definitely not let this person go. Although Wenren Heng hadn’t said anything just now, he was still able to sense it.

He felt a bout of regret and snuck a glance at Wenren Heng.

Wenren Heng was calmly standing there, not in the least worried that the other could drag away his Junior Brother.

This Junior Brother of his was the majestic Sect Master of the Demonic Sect, so it was impossible to join another sect. And what’s more, at that time on Yushan Stage, his Junior Brother had infuriated[1] so many righteous faction members, so if Academy Master Ge ever got wind of his Junior Brother’s true identity, then even if beaten to death, the other would never act on this idea.

What made him feel helpless was that even with amnesia, even with no martial arts, even with a covered-up face, his Junior Brother was inadvertently still able to attract many people, leaving him not knowing what exactly to say.

Ye You was standing next to him and, in a low voice, asked, “This seems like a woman?”

Wenren Heng returned to his senses and looked at the person on the ground.

The person whom the black piece had tied up and sent over was very young and appeared quite delicate, looking to be in the early twenties and wearing a light-blue gown. Although the style of dress was masculine, but as long as one looked carefully, one could see that it was a woman.

The person on the ground wasn’t deeply unconscious, and the noisy surroundings disturbed her into frowning and opening her eyes. Upon seeing everyone’s gazes, and then looking at the situation she was in, she was immediately alarmed.

Abbot Ciyuan asked, “Are you the flute player?”

The person on the ground seemed somewhat lost as well as afraid, huddling in fear. “What flute player? Why did you kidnap me? Today, I just wanted to go out for a stroll and, for the sake of convenience, dressed like a man, but I’m actually a woman. Master, aren’t you confusing me for someone else?”