Chapter 102

Wenren Heng said, “It’ll take only half a day to get to Huayang City from here, and they’ll leave right after they finish eating. How are you planning on killing them in this short amount of time?”

“I’m still thinking.” Ye You once again opened the door. “But I first need to make a trip to the toilet.”

For an instant, Wenren Heng was speechless, falling silent. Somewhat worried that something would happen to his Junior Brother, he then went out to remind the other to change locations so as to avoid alerting the enemy. Ye You naturally knew that since Manor Lord Wei and them had already been on the road for half a day, they might also need to use the toilet, and so had planned from the start to leave the restaurant and take care of business elsewhere.

He quickly took care of his bodily issues and sat down in a teahouse not far from the restaurant, quietly looking outside.

Wenren Heng didn’t stop his Junior Brother. In truth, with this kind of opportunity right in front of them, he also thought that they could give it a try. The problem was that they had only two people, and other than the useless Wei Jiangrou, the other party had three who were capable of fighting; their only advantage was the element of surprise.

Ye You’s thin finger tapped on the lid of the cup. As he thought, he heard someone close by talk about the nearby mountain bandits, even speaking of how ruthless they were, and he couldn’t help but shoot over a glance.

Wenren Heng said, “Have an idea?”

Ye You said, “No. What use could a group of mountain bandits be.”

Wenren Heng considered for a moment before suddenly saying, “Even if the bandits aren’t useful, other people probably would be.”

Ye You was interested. “Oh?”

Wenren Heng said, “It just depends on how attached you are to that Xiaoqing Mountain of yours.”

Ye You raised a brow.

“I just remembered that Shuiyun Mountain[1] is located not far from here,” Wenren Heng said, “Last time I went, Suiyun Sect[2]’s Sect Master actually said a few words to me about how he really liked your Xiaoqing Mountain.”

“Suiyun Sect?” Ye You was surprised. “Why do I remember that they seemed to be called Shuiyun Sect[3]?”

Wenren Heng said, smiling, “He didn’t like that name, so he later changed it.”

Ye You was curious. “Are you very familiar with him?”

Wenren Heng said, “We’re somewhat friendly. From my understanding of him, as long as we tell him the truth, he’s very likely to help us.”

Ye You was hesitant.

In his memories, Suiyun Sect was a sect in the neutral faction, not considered very big in scale, seemingly content with their own little corner in the world, appearing not to have much strength. Even if everyone in the sect was bundled together, there might not even be enough for that monster to pick his teeth with.

He said, “Senior Brother…”

Wenren Heng didn’t wait for him to finish speaking before taking hold of his hand, while also taking the liberty to stroke it twice with a thumb, leaning over to his ear to say in a low voice, “He’s very interested in gunpowder.”