Chapter 100

Ye You didn’t sleep very steadily.

Perhaps because he had thought of too many things in the evening, he once again dreamed of what happened during his childhood, with voices continuously rising and falling, waxing and waning like the tides, bubbling forth to tear incessantly into his heart. The great flames behind him blotted out the sky, leaving nowhere untouched. He could only endure the piercing chill of the wind as he ran forward desperately into the long night.

After an unknown amount of time, the scene changed. He watched as Master was pierced through the chest with that swordsman’s sword, blood spilling out and covering the ground, and Senior Brother was running towards him, grabbing him by both shoulders and shouting his name unceasingly.

He foolishly stared at the person in front of him, not moving in the slightest.

The only one I have is you, he thought, the only one I have is just you.

Wenren Heng was still calling him, “Ah-You, Ah-You, wake up…”

Ye You abruptly opened his eyes.

Wenren Heng held his chin. “Had a nightmare?”

Ye You relaxed his breathing, feeling his soul returning to him little by little after having been submerged in that wintry night. His gaze calmed and cleared, and he leaned against his Senior Brother’s chest, making a sound in acknowledgment. Wenren Heng wiped away the sweat on his forehead and asked him what he had dreamed about. Ye You didn’t want to discuss it and said, “Nothing really.”

Wenren Heng saw this person staring at his neck and reached out a hand to hold the other tight. “Don’t look anymore. It’ll disappear after applying medicine for one more day.”

Ye You was silent.

Wenren Heng said, “Still unhappy?”

Ye You said, “No.”

Wenren Heng didn’t expose him, telling him to sleep again for a while. Ye You didn’t feel like sleeping at all, instead simply closing those eyes and leaning against him. Wenren Heng lowered his eyes to look at his Junior Brother, moving over to drop a kiss on the other’s forehead.

He was actually aware in his heart.

Since the moment they learned that the monster had reappeared, his Junior Brother had wanted to kill that person. Later, when his Junior Brother had proposed taking the initiative to find that monster, the person had also likely been scheming how to murder the enemy personally. If he hadn’t stopped the other last night, his Junior Brother most likely would have already rushed over.

He supported his Junior Brother’s revenge, but that monster had gone through twenty years of intensive study, with martial arts that might be even a level higher. Although his Junior Brother practiced Jianghu’s number one Pursued Until Scattered, no one could be sure how it would match up against that monster. So rather than recklessly taking risks, he was even more inclined to making some proper preparations before making a move.

“I know you want to kill him,” he said in a low voice, “We’ve already come this far. A few more days of waiting will make little difference.”

Ye You again made a sound in acknowledgment and, fearing that his Senior Brother would continue to placate him, added a few more words, “I know. It’s not because of this.”