Chapter 56

With his position as a prodigal son, since coming with them to Shaolin, other than going to the small county town to eat a good meal and drink some alcohol, Qin Yuemian most enjoyed going to find Lady Tao to drink some tea. He wasn’t like Sir Xiao who had other people’s eyes on him, and it was far easier for him to receive information.

He asked, “The drugged men this is referring to are the white piece’s?”

Ye You nodded.

He had never been certain about where exactly those people were located; he could make only a rough estimate of their position and send people to watch the surroundings. The “possibility” written on the paper could be either that those keeping watch had thought something felt wrong or that accomplice of his had made a new discovery and so had thought of a way to hand Qin Yuemian new information.

Having seen Master Deru’s berserk appearance, Qin Yuemian was profoundly aware of the fearsome quality of those drugged men. He asked, “What do they want to use those drugged people to do?”

Ye You said, all smiles, “For instance, directly murdering all of Shaolin. Or, for instance, capturing a group of people from Jianghu and then surrounding this place so as to force the Abbot to exchange prisoners, all the while killing the hostages one by one as they count down, until we’re willing to do the exchange. Or, for instance, if they decide to do something even worse, after capturing people, they’ll pick an advantageous place to do an exchange of prisoners with the Abbot, while also preparing a trap, thus neatly killing all of us, resulting in a clean resolution.”

Qin Yuemian’s heart immediately started beating erratically. “—-What?”

Ye You said, “If the other party is deranged enough, I think that this is what they’ll do. We can only wait and see which one they choose, hm… Since I’ve been a thorn in their eyes, I’ll definitely be one of those chosen when the time comes. If I’m really chosen, don’t miss me too much.”

Qin Yuemian forced himself to be calm and asked. “You’d listen?”

“I would,” Ye You earnestly said, “What does a single person’s life count in the face of Jianghu’s great righteousness?”

Qin Yuemian didn’t want to hear the other’s nonsense and looked towards Wenren Heng.

Wenren Heng said, “After two days, it’ll be the Mid-Autumn Festival.”

Qin Yuemian said, “So?”

Wenren Heng asked, “You don’t want to go out to play?”

Qin Yuemian raised his brows.

At this time, those elders had heard the entire course of events from the Alliance Leader’s mouth, and all of them had fallen silent in the face of Xie Junming’s formidable reasoning.

Pavilion Master Ding coldly said, “I did say not to let him remain.”

The Alliance Leader had already gradually calmed. He wrinkled his brows. “Could it be that he purposely found an excuse?”

Manor Lord Wei asked, “You think that he has some other goal?”

Using those words “some other goal” in this type of situation caused the rest of them to start thinking a bit crookedly, just like Ding Xilai, but they forcibly pulled themselves back with their rationality. They heard the Alliance Leader continue with, “I don’t know. No ordinary person would ever…”