Chapter 93

For an instant, the thought of silencing the other flashed through Ye You’s mind.

But, immediately following, he pushed down this vicious thought.

He knew that Ren Shaotian’s martial skill was high, and he wasn’t sure whether this person had heard the conversation between him and Elder Mei, or if the person had realized that there had been people here just a moment ago, so for now, he didn’t open his mouth.

Ren Shaotian examined him. “Sir Xiao, are you all right?”

Ye You said, “Yes.”

Ren Shaotian said, “The young master is very worried about you. Let’s go back.”

Ye You nodded and slowly walked over to his side, standing shoulder-to-shoulder. Looking at him, Ye You said, “You don’t have anything you want to ask?”

Ren Shaotian smiled a faint, indistinct smile.

Most likely because of his disposition, no matter what smile he bore, it carried a faint whiff of impropriety. He said, “Everyone more or less has some secrets. With Sir Xiao and the white piece that much at odds, your secrets must be all the greater. If you’re willing to speak, this one[1] would naturally listen respectfully. If you’re not willing, then we can simply forget it. This one also isn’t in any position to question you.”

Ye You didn’t reply instead asking, “Ever since the last time I returned, you’ve paid more attention to me. Why?”

Ren Shaotian said, “The young master values you very highly. He was extremely miserable while you were missing over those few days. This one was afraid that something else would happen to you and so would occasionally pay a bit more attention.”

Ye You said, “If you say so, then so be it.”

Ren Shaotian fell silent, walking with him for a while before suddenly asking, “Sir Xiao wants to return just like this?”

“Of course not,” Ye You said, smiling. According to his usual veneer, after he fell into the water, he would have to be unconscious for at least half a day in order to display his extremely delicate constitution. He said, “It looks like I have to trouble you to carry me.”

Ren Shaotian then squatted down, back to him, as if not in the least bit uneasy about the possibility of a sneak attack. Ye You gave this person a look. Pressing down on the myriad doubts in his mind, he climbed up, closed his eyes, and said, “Did you see Sir Yang?”

Ren Shaotian lifted him up and returned with a question, “Should I have seen him?”

Ye You laughed. “I sure do like speaking with intelligent people.”

The fact that he was able to swim so far while following the current, and that he was able to get to the depths of this forest in such a short period of time, must have made Ren Shaotian aware that there was something fishy going on. Even if the other hadn’t perceived that Elder Mei had been there, the person would still be able to guess that he had purposely fallen into the water. And when the fall happened, other than him, the only other one to fall was Sir Yang, so it’d be extremely easy to infer that his goal had been Sir Yang all along. This was why this person had replied with that question.

Ren Shaotian asked, “What do you want me to say?”

Ye You said, “Just say that you didn’t see him.”