Chapter 49

When Ye You came out, those elders had also already left the discipline room next door, and upon seeing him, as one, they immediately looked over — at the end, Li Hua’s voice had been too small, so none of them had been able to hear it.

Ye You said, “Fulai Inn, Mr. Xiao.”

Those elders instantly revealed happy expressions on their faces and hurried to arrange for this person’s capture.

Sect Leader Xuanyang was uneasy and asked, “Could she be lying to you?”

Ye You confidently said, “No.”

Fuping had too many people as guards, and along with the dual protections of his identity as a male entertainer and that command token, he didn’t believe that Fuping would do more than was required and add anything else like a password or whatnot. What’s more, many of those black-clothed men have never had an education, and some have even been fed the drug, so if these coarse and rugged men forgot the password, then wouldn’t it simply serve to delay matters?

So only he and the white piece’s people knew how truly hefty that jade pendant was.

And to Li Hua, she probably also thought that even if they had captured Fuping, they wouldn’t have been able to make the other talk in such a short amount of time, so she immediately believed the lie.

He said, “I was looking at her eyes the whole time, and I don’t think she was lying. If the elders trust me, then there’s no harm in trying.”

Sect Leader Xuanyang nodded and discussed a few words with Abbot Ciyuan before deciding to send people from Wudang and Shaolin to capture that mister who was surnamed Xiao. Bodhi Prison had encountered a tragedy right underneath their eyes, so for the sake of obtaining justice, they were determined to participate in this chess game until the very end.

Ye You said, “Let me go along.”

Everyone looked at him.

Ye You explained, “If Sir Zhong truly was kidnapped by them, they might transfer him to somewhere else this very night. We can only wait until the time comes to know the exact situation.”

“Yes, let Sir Xiao go along. He’s very quick-witted.” Academy Master Ge appreciated this youth very much, and he couldn’t help but give him a helping hand.

Abbot Ciyuan and Sect Leader Xuanyang had long heard about Sir Xiao’s deeds, and since this matter was also something he ferreted out, they didn’t oppose him. They even chose people for him, deciding that they might as well just let him lead the team.

Ye You gave his Senior Brother a glance. Wenren Heng understood his meaning and chose to remain behind.

The white piece still had not been found, so Shaolin and Wudang’s way of doing things right now was clearly to prevent anyone from meddling. And although Wenren Heng’s Shuangji Sect could not be considered long-established, in the end, it had still belonged to the Jianghu sects for ten years. As a Sect Master, at this time, the only thing he could do was not participate like the other elders.

Wei Jiangyue looked at Sir Xiao. “I’ll go with you.”

Ye You made a sound in acknowledgement and took the initiative to head outside. Midway, he saw Ding Xilai and carelessly asked, “How about you? Coming?”