Chapter 110

When Ye You and them returned, the elders were all sitting in the anteroom drinking tea. Upon seeing him enter, they all looked over.

Last night, Academy Master Ge had heard some astonishing things from his son’s mouth and so had a bellyful of words he wanted to ask Sir Xiao. Thus, he took the initiative to greet the person with, “Sir Xiao didn’t return last night? Have you eaten yet?”

Ye You said, “I already ate.”

He found a place to sit and looked at Pavilion Master Ding. “I heard that Elder Madam Ding’s health is unwell?”

Pavilion Master Ding made a cold sound of acknowledgment.

“The older one gets, the easier it is to become ill. Elder Madam Ding managing to live such a leisurely life for so many years is a precious thing, so you need to be even more careful,” Ye You said, “Senior Brother, remember to send someone to look in on her.”

Wenren Heng said, “I’ll arrange for it in a bit.”

Pavilion Master Ding’s expression turned slightly cold.

These elders were all experienced Jianghu men and immediately sensed something wrong in these words.

They looked at Sir Xiao and Pavilion Master Ding. A few of them thought of last night, when Pavilion Master Ding had fallen into the water with Sir Xiao right nearby and how Sir Xiao had later been taken away by Wenren Heng, and guessed that the matters last night weren’t as simple as a case of absent-mindedness.

The Wang family head, Academy Master Ge, and Junior Academy Master Ge knew insider information, and the latter two couldn’t help but nervously hold their breaths, while the Wang family head, feeling a desire for vengeance against the white piece, added a, “I’ll also send someone to look in on her, as a small show of my good intentions.”

The remaining sect masters weren’t clear on what was happening and could only go with the flow, one after the other indicating that they were also going to visit.

Pavilion Master Ding said, “No need. It’s only a small illness of no consequence.”

“She’s already sick to the point she wants to see her grandson, so how could it just be a small illness?” Ye You said, “Because of the chess game, Pavilion Master Ding isn’t able to go home, so I feel extremely guilty. Even if other people don’t go, me and Senior Brother definitely have to.”

Those elders thought, Sir Xiao and Wenren Heng are the black piece, so this is certainly a reasonable and fair thing for them to say.

But why does it still feel as if something isn’t quite right, almost as if they’re about to fight to the death?

Those sect masters who had sensed the anger in the air didn’t open their mouths again, quietly watching for any sudden developments. Abbot Ciyuan and Sect Leader Xuanyang looked at one another and then hesitantly looked at these two people, somewhat unsure what to ask.

The hand Pavilion Master Ding was using to hold the teacup tightened imperceptibly, and he especially wanted to slaughter the two people in front of him, but he hadn’t actually lost his reasoning. In his heart, he guessed at these two’s intentions, internally wondering had they decided to expose everything directly? But they didn’t have any evidence.