Chapter 83

In the end, Ye You didn’t agree to Ding Xilai’s request.

He patiently said, “You’re Lingjian Pavilion’s Junior Pavilion Master, and I’m not anything at all, so on what basis would I be capable of becoming your boss?”

Ding Xilai said, “Sir Xiao definitely shouldn’t talk like this. If you aren’t anything, then what am I?”

Ye You said, “Lingjian Pavilion’s Junior Pavilion Master.”

Ding Xilai, “…”

Ding Xilai felt unwell all over, feeling as if this matter was finished.

He knew that, at this time, he should think up a convincing argument, but he was too stupid. The messy, chaotic thought that flashed through his mind actually turned out to be the idea to cut open his palm heroically, pour that blood out into a bowl, and drink it. But immediately after, he realized that that would be too messed up, as even if he wanted to drink blood, it shouldn’t be done like that. Then what exactly should he do?

Wenren Heng gave him a look and then interrupted, telling them that his Junior Brother’s health still hadn’t recovered and so the person needed to rest, before then politely chasing them out.

Ding Xilai didn’t dare to act impudent to the other’s face, while Wei Jiangyue was full of thoughts and knew that this wasn’t an appropriate time to speak and so left with Ding Xilai. Wei Jiangyue then entered his room, without even turning back. The Ding Xilai who had been thrown aside fell silent for an instant before turning to look at Ren Shaotian, seemingly crying without tears.

Ren Shaotian brought his young master back to the room and said, “What he said makes sense.”

Ding Xilai said, “What?”

Ren Shaotian said, “Young Master is Lingjian Pavilion’s Junior Pavilion Master.”

Ding Xilai wept. “I didn’t choose how I was born, so why discriminate against me?”

Ren Shaotian felt helpless. He told the young master that it wasn’t discrimination but rather that Lingjian Pavilion was one of Jianghu’s two great powers, which was no small matter. The young master was the Pavilion Master’s only son and so, in the future, would definitely succeed Lingjian Pavilion.

Ding Xilai didn’t understand. “So what?”

Ren Shaotian asked, “If the Pavilion Master suddenly found a boss and wanted to become that person’s younger brother, what would Young Master think?”

Ding Xilai didn’t even need to think to say, “I’d think the old man was crazy.”

Ren Shaotian said, smiling, “It’s the same for the young master.”

“Stop joking around. Me and my dad are the same?” Ding Xilai said, “If I had my dad’s ability, I’d long have become more assertive.”

Ren Shaotian said, “It’s not too late if the young master starts putting in effort now.”

“But your young master is stupid.” Ding Xilai was especially anguished and, seeing the other wanting to speak again, patted his shoulder. “I understand what you’re saying. You want to tell me that I represent Lingjian Pavilion so I can’t easily recognize someone else as my boss. Then what do you think I should do? I can certainly continue being a prodigal son, but Xiao-Zhong isn’t here, so in the future, there will no longer be anyone going along with me to play.”