Chapter 109

Pavilion Master Ding had just finished changing his clothes when he saw his subordinates carry over a cup of ginger tea.

He instructed all of them to leave and then held the cup in hand as he sat on the chair, his face completely ice-cold.

The candlelight burned faintly, the room illuminated with a layer of dim light.

He stared at the minute patterns of the furniture, his entire mind full of the words that Ah-Xiao had spoken just now.

When he had straightened out his senses and carefully gone over this entire incident once through, he became aware that this chessboard had been set up for the three of them from the beginning. Ah-Xiao knew they were partners and so had used methods to tear them apart one by one.

Back when they were first at Shaolin, he had once found Ah-Xiao to discuss the matters of the chessboard, and in both words and actions, Ah-Xiao kept trying to draw attention to Wei Haide and the Alliance Leader, what with, “the white piece has an enemy who wants to play dirty tricks,” “the black piece could be the white piece’s partner or trusted confidante,” and so on. Practically all of it was for the sake of making him suspicious of those two people.

What was even more disastrous was that Ah-Xiao had already long seen through their weaknesses. Thus, when going to capture Mr. Xiao that night, the person had specially called over Xilai. As such, when he and the Alliance Leader had hurried back to Shaolin from Xiangxing City, the Alliance Leader’s expression had immediately turned off upon learning that his son had been kidnapped while Jiangyue and Xilai had done a deed of great merit together, and the other began worrying about being used as a throwaway piece.

Pavilion Master Ding slowly stroked the teacup, sorting out his trains of thought.

Later, after Ah-Xiao succeeded in driving a wedge between them and managed to force the Alliance Leader away, the person’s second step was to confront Wei Haide.

At that time, they were even more suspicious that this person was the black piece and quickly determined that the matter with Elder Yu was what provided the motivation.

That matter had been caused by a moment of negligence by Wei Haide, and because Ah-Xiao and Wenren Heng had always treated him very respectfully and were also very close to Xilai, they had of course inevitably believed that only Wei Haide had been exposed. After becoming aware of this relationship, they then knew that there was still a chance to counterattack, and since they had been in a bad position all this while, they needed someone to return and assume command. Thus, during that period of time, Wei Haide had already finished making preparations to leave at any time.

Now that he thought about it, those details had all been purposely put on display by Ah-Xiao and Wenren Heng, and even leaking the matter about Wei Haide being the white piece to Shaotian was also an intentional move by Ah-Xiao. This person’s intelligence was truly terrifying!

But how exactly did Ah-Xiao learn that the three of them were partners?

Who exactly was he? Why did he know so many things?

Pavilion Master Ding deeply furrowed his brows.

Now that Wei Haide had already been forcibly exposed, with Ah-Xiao’s skill and the letters that Wei Jiangyue provided, for the rest of this life, Wei Haide probably would never be able to make a comeback. Then Ah-Xiao and Wenren Heng’s next target was going to be him!