Chapter 54

After stepping into Shaolin, Xie Junming truly did go and light a stick of incense, and he truly did ask for a change in fortune, facing the Buddha with a pious appeal for his own position as a monster to be more stable, and to absolutely not allow his livelihood to be stolen by that malicious and duplicitous elder of the righteous faction — the expressions of the nearby Abbot Ciyuan and the righteous faction members who had overheard these words were all a sight to see.

The left protector was unsurprised in the face of his Temple Master’s temperament. He took the incense from the Temple Master’s hand and stuck it into the incense burner.

Xie Junming straightened his clothes, and as he stepped outside, he looked at everyone. “Have you finished thinking? Do I stay, or do I return and call everyone over instead?”

The crowd went still and, one after another, looked in the direction of the elders. This time, they definitely didn’t dare to make a ruckus.

Abbot Ciyuan didn’t open his mouth, and looked inquiringly at the rest of the group.

“Let me just say that you righteous faction folks think too much. I came here to help, not to mess around, and you still need to think about this?” Xie Junming said, “Forget it. Anyway, before I left, Ah-You also said that he wanted to get in on the fun. I still think that making a trip back first would probably be better. And then I can call him, and we can come back together.”

The “Ah-You” he spoke of was naturally the Demonic Sect’s Sect Master Ye You.

Everyone once again felt as if their visions had turned black. One Xie Junming was already enough to give everyone a headache, so they definitely couldn’t have another, especially a Demonic Sect’s Sect Master!

Whenever those two rascals got together, they were easily able to torment people to death.

Before, Lishan Sect’s Sect Leader had even been so angered by them that he spat blood. He had really spat blood, with that blood spraying out like a fountain of flowers[1]. And there were even some of the righteous faction who had been angered into unconsciousness by them, fainting right as their eyes rolled up, especially fast. And even more anger-inducing was that Sect Master Ye once felt guilty enough to buy some kidney-replenishing medicine for someone, the reason being that he apparently saw the other’s pale complexion and feared that the other needed the boost. When the other party awoke, they were once again angered into fainting.

Upon thinking of all the different matters that had happened in the past, everyone silently looked, in wordless appeal, in the direction of those elders.

Pavilion Master Ding’s brows knitted faintly, and he coldly said, “Cleaning up within the faction doesn’t require the involvement of outsiders. In the end, we will definitely give all of you an explanation. Please go back. It’ll be useless no matter how many people you call. This isn’t a place where all of you can act so impudent.”

Lingjian Pavilion stood majestically as one of the two major sects of Jianghu, so there was an extraordinary air of confidence, and Pavilion Master Ding was also similarly an extremely resolute person. As he said these words, everyone in the righteous faction immediately felt their spirits lift and their backs straighten, thinking in their hearts that they couldn’t be led around by the nose by this surnamed Xie!

And then, without waiting for them to agree aloud, Xie Junming began laughing. “Pavilion Master Ding really doesn’t care that I’m able to call all of them over?”