Chapter 103

As Ye You expected, things didn’t go that smoothly.

Although the Sect Master thought it was good, when those old men in the sect heard his thoughts, they all got a fright, shaking their heads as intensely as rattle-drums, encircling him in a blink.

Ye You watched as they dragged the Sect Master out before continuing to sit and drink tea. The Deputy Sect Master conversely remained behind to see to the guests, carrying an appropriate smile on his face and beginning a conversation with Wenren Heng.

Wenren Heng said gently, “We need to decide matters quickly. Before we left, we said that we were returning to the mountain, and now Manor Lord Wei and them have definitely already managed to learn this from questioning the common people.”

The Deputy Sect Master’s expression changed slightly.

Wenren Heng said, “But there’s a mountain stronghold near the small county town, so they most likely would go there first. If they want to find Shuiyun Mountain, they’d need to expend some effort, but that’s still something that’ll happen sooner or later. If your Sect Master can’t provide any help, then we need to leave right now, and when they come looking for us, all of you can say whatever you want.”

The Deputy Sect Master couldn’t sit still. After hastily conversing for another sentence or two, he then rushed outside to tell the Sect Master this information.

Ye You was still holding the teacup but wasn’t actually drinking and was instead listening to the movements outside.

With his hearing ability, he was faintly able to hear the conversation on that side.

At first, those old men wanted to go to the study, but the Sect Master said that good people needed to be open and candid and that it was already wrong to talk behind his brother’s back, so if they had something to say, they should say it here. Those old men couldn’t move him and could only agree before they began trying to talk sense into him.

Although the voices were disjointed, even if Ye You was simply guessing, he would be able to guess the thoughts of those old men — now that the monster wasn’t dead, and with no final judgment yet on whether Manor Lord Wei was truly a problem, isn’t the Sect Master clearly just seeking death by opposing those two people at a time like this? The former would definitely be able to massacre their entire sect, and as for the latter… what kind of position does Fengxian Manor have within Jianghu? Their Suiyun Sect wasn’t even enough for the other party to pick their teeth with!

Ye You drank a sip of tea and heard those old men say, “In short, we can’t do this.”

The Sect Master’s voice suddenly raised in volume, and he said angrily, “A real man’s word is worth its weight in gold! How can I go back on my word!”

“Then does the Sect Master want to drag us all into dying together? What’s more, this sect was established by the Elder Sect Master, and you’re talking about blowing it up! If the Elder Sect Master is able to hear this from the heavens, how heartbroken would he be!”

The Sect Master said, “What do you mean by dying together? You guys don’t know how to run? Anyway, I’m blowing up only one building.”

“But what if you’re not able to kill them? The ones who’ll die would be us. No, that’s not right, regardless of whether they’ll die from being blown up, we’re still out of luck no matter what. How would Fengxian Manor ever let us go?”