37

When they get to Chan's house they go straight to his room. Chan takes Jeongin's hands and drags him to sit on the bed with him, to which Jeongin follows and does happily. "What's up?" Jeongin asks after sitting next to him. Chan takes a moment to think about how to ask but then quickly deciding to just say what's on his mind.

"Innie, I know you don't want to tell me and you probably won't after I say this but I'm worried. I'm worried because you've been really distant and I wanted to know if there was something that's on your mind that I can help you with, I'm really worried about you and I want you to know that even if you don't tell me what's going on that's okay too. I want you to do what makes you comfortable but I want you to know I'm here." After he said everything there was a long silence between them and he instantly regretted it. Especially when the younger started to sob uncontrollably out of nowhere.

"Innie?! What's wrong?? Did I say something wrong??" He felt so bad. Jeongin shook his head and replied, struggling to speak through his tears. "I- I m- messed up... I- I'm such a-a bad p-person." Then he started sobbing even more. Chan was freaking out by this point, he hated it when Jeongin cried because it hurt him too, especially when he was crying and saying something like that. He wraps his arms around the younger, pulling him into him, bringing his hand up to stroke his hair gently. He waits until the younger calms down to say anything.

"Innie... you're not a bad person... whatever happened, it's going to be okay because I'll be by your side." Jeongin stays quiet for a little bit before speaking, "Chan... I've been lying... I've been lying so much..." Chan continues to stroke his hair, "Lying about what?" He asks gently.

"To myself, to you, to Hyunjin..." he says quietly. "How so?" Chan asks, keeping his voice as gentle as possible. He feels Jeongin go stiff before relaxing and speaking "I- I kissed Hyunjin on Friday" Chan can't help himself from tensing up and feeling a pang in his heart but he quickly suppresses it. "Alright." Jeongin continues "I kissed him because I thought it felt right and I said yes to going to the dance to him but..." he stops talking and Chan stays silent for a while before speaking again "But..?" Jeongin sighs and let's go of Chan and pulls away, looking at the older before speaking again.

"I thought that's what I wanted, I thought I'd be happy because I've liked him for awhile and I know he likes me too but I'm not. I feel terrible, I've been confused these past few days thinking about everything and I've realized that I don't like Hyunjin like that anymore... I like him as a friend but that's it..." Chan looks at him with soft eyes before sighing, "Innie... that doesn't make you a bad person, that just t you someone who's lost feelings but didn't realize it and is now stressed over how to be honest to the other person." He smiles softly and pats his head, "Is that all? If it is, I can help you talk to Hyunjin tomorrow morning because he'll probably be at school, especially since it's the dance tomorrow night."

Chan honestly thought that was it until Jeongin shook his head, "That isn't it, I was also stressed about something else that happened last Friday... well, uhm... I was going to go talk to you after school and so I went to the diner and I saw you with this guy and he had asked you to go to the dance with him and I ended up leaving right after because I was so afraid of hearing your reply..." Chan couldn't help but look at the other confused and smile a bit once he saw Jeongin's face become a deep shade of red.

"You must be talking about BamBam, he was my blind date that Jackson set up since BamBam had an interest in me and I said yes to going with him but we both agreed it's just as friends because I already like someone and he said he honestly wasn't ready for a relationship yet but he thought it'd be nice to go with me nonetheless." He noted how Jeongin couldn't make eye contact with him and how his face never changed in color. Jeongin replied shyly "oh... uhm..." his face becoming a deeper shade of red if that was even possible.

Chan quirked an eyebrow "Why were you stressed about that?" He asked, already guessing why.