chapter 14.

nostalgia, fourteen

nostalgia, fourteen.
unanswered questions

"Yebin! Thank god you're here!"

     Those weren't the first words Han Yebin was expecting to hear as she stepped into the school gym, still groggy from falling asleep on her desk the night before. She was half-awake, but decided to help out with the festival preparations anyway.

     Go Taeri was the one who'd called her, and the girl was sitting next to Jin Micha. In front of them were some signages that had yet to be made, and Yebin made her way to her friends.

     She pointed to her work with a grimace. "My handwriting isn't even legible at this point, I don't know what to do."

     "No, I think it's great!" Yebin insisted. Taeri gave her a look.

     Yebin bit the inside of her cheek. "Well, I guess- I could do it for you, if you want."

     Taeri's eyes lit up, and she threw her arms around the girl. "That'd be amazing! You're such a good friend."

     Yebin jokingly rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, ok."

     Taeri sat next to Micha as Yebin took her place, crossing her legs and taking the paintbrush to start working.

     "Go, Jin, what do you think you're doing?" Choi Beomgyu suddenly walked up to the group, hands on his hips.

     "What?" Taeri and Micha looked away from the picture they were taking. They exchanged glances. "Do you want to be in our selfie?"

     "I- Yes, but that's not that point!" Beomgyu shut his eyes, flailing his arms around. "You guys are making Yebin do all the work!"

     "No, I offered," Yebin told him.

     "Shut up." Beomgyu pointed a finger at her, causing the girl to raise her hands up in surrender. He then looked at Taeri and Micha. "You two, get to working."

     "We don't have any brushes," Micha explained.

     "Oh, I've got some in my backpack. It's in the big compartment," Yebin said, her eyes trained on the signage she was working on.