chapter 46.

nostalgia, forty-six

crashing the party

"This was all my idea," Tan Xiaohui announced, walking up to greet the birthday celebrants with a proud smile

     Sunghoon, who still stood next to Jungwon, raised an eyebrow at the girl. "Stop lying."

     "I sent the invites."

     "I planned out the party."

     "I'll plan out your funeral."

     "Okay!" Yebin clapped her hands together awkwardly, before swinging her arms around both Xiaohui and Sunghoon.

     She took one more look at the balloons and streamers that decorated the walls, along with pictures of her and Jungwon scattered around. All of it brought a smile to her face. "Thanks guys, this is amazing."

     "You're welcome!" Xiaohui beamed.

     "She meant me," Sunghoon countered.

     Yebin let Jungwon pull her away from the two, who would probably be arguing for the entirety of the party. They made walked around the place, greeting their friends and introducing each other on the way. Yebin had to admit she felt a little sad knowing Taeri and Micha weren't there.

     "I wish things ended better." Yebin sighed. "I called them a bunch of bitches."

     "Where's the lie, babe?" Jungwon asked, making Yebin roll her eyes with a smile.

     Soon, they reached the photo booth, and Yebin quickly plopped a party hat on Jungwon's head. He glared as she snapped a picture of him, posting it on her story.

     They then turned to pose for the camera, which was self-timed. Yebin groaned, standing on her tiptoes as she tried to adjust the tripod. "Ah, who set this so high?" 

     Somehow, Yebin set the timer off. Not wanting to waste a piece of film, Jungwon scooped her up bridal-style, smiling for the camera right as it went off.