chapter 18.

nostalgia, eighteen

nostalgia, eighteen.
just the two of us

The concert was chaotic, but exciting nonetheless

The concert was chaotic, but exciting nonetheless. People from all over the city had gathered in front of the stage, and Yebin had chosen to film from the audience's angle. She had to resist the urge to bop along to the performances, trying to keep the camera as stable as possible.

     Taeri and Micha were standing next to her, dancing and laughing as different groups of students were showcased. The afternoon was growing dim, and the blue sky had faded into a warm orange.

     That was when the group she'd previously interviewed went on stage, and seven mic stands were quickly set. Yebin grinned, adjusting her camera as they prepared to perform.

     "This song's called Not for Sale," Jake told the crowd. "It goes for everyone out there who needs to reminded of their own worth. So, I hope you enjoy."

     The audience cheered, and Taeri and Micha made comments about Jake's good looks, resulting in Yebin having to hold back her laughs at their antics.

     The live band was cued, and an mellow upbeat tune began playing. Everyone was waiting to hear them sing, and Jake was the first to grab his mic.

처음 느끼는 feeling
[ A first-time feeling ]

만나고 자꾸만 심장이 이상해, 이상해
[ After meeting you, my heart kept feeling
strange, strange ]

     Yebin smiled. His voice was sweet. The crowd loved it too. She moved the camera over to whoever was singing next, and Jungwon put his hand on his mic.

싫지는 않은 feeling
[ I don't mind this feeling ]

만나고서 달라진 모습이 어색해, oh baby
[ I feel awkward seeing how I changed after meeting you, oh baby ]