chapter 39.

nostalgia, thirty-nine

like abstract paintings

❛ like abstract paintings ❜

Han Yebin loved trips. Well, when she got there anyway. The journey itself wasn't too enjoyable with her motion sickness, but she still managed to pose for her friends' airplane selfies despite breathing into a paper bag for majority of the flight.

Nevertheless, she successfully arrived at the hotel in one piece. Sharing a room with Taeri and Micha, she tossed her bag on the bed they didn't take. Excitedly, Yebin turned around. "So, where are we touring first?"

"Oh, well, I signed Taeri and I up for Hanyang today. You know, to check out the science program..." Micha trailed off. "I'm sorry, Yebin. I just didn't think you'd be interested."

"Ah, of course." Yebin reassured them with a smile. "I'm definitely not cut out for a career in that field anyway."

"So where will you be going, then?"

"Uh-" Yebin's eyes lit up as they fell to the brochure beside her bag. She grinned at them. "I'm going to SNU."

"You?" Taeri asked. "SNU?"

"I think it's great, T." Micha clapped happily. "You go, Yebin!"

The three friends bid each other one last goodbye before going separate ways, and for Yebin, that was to the hotel across the street. Jungwon mentioned his room number when they'd last spoken. It was easy for her to remember as it was also the name of one her favorite idol groups.

"Good morning sir," she greeted the man at the concierge. "May I know what floor room 127 is on? I'm here to see a friend."

"Ah, you must be from the other Jeju student group," he said, earning a nod from the girl. "That'll be on the twelfth floor, miss."

"Thank you!" Yebin gave him a quick bow, proceeding towards the elevator. When she reached the floor, she spotted familiar Sanheoli students giving her curious glances as to why was there. Making her way in front of room 127, she adjusted her sundress and fixed her hair before knocking.