chapter 25.

nostalgia, twenty-five

over the moon

"What are you getting?" Jungwon asked Yebin, who was looking down at the menu

     "I don't know yet, I didn't bring a lot of cash," Yebin said sheepishly.

     They had chosen to eat at a barbecue restaurant, and Yebin settled herself at the end of the table next to Jungwon, still a little shy towards the others.

     Jay overheard, and immediately shook his head. "Don't worry about that, we always treat the athletes out when they win a game."

     "Oh no, I can't-"

     "Hey, hey, hey," Jake cut her off with a warm smile. "Another win for us, right?"

     He held his hand out and Yebin gave him a low-five, letting out a small laugh.

     The waitress soon came to take their order. "What can I get for you guys? Any appetizers?"

     "I'll get a chicken salad," Jungwon and Yebin said at the same time. They glanced at each other.

     "That'll be two then?" the waitress asked, earning nods from them both. "What about drinks? We have some mocktails on the menu."

     Jungwon looked over at Yebin, who grimaced. "I feel bad. If you're paying, then this is my second free drink today. Plus, I never got to thank you this morning."

     Jungwon looked confused. "For what?"

     "The energy drink-?" Yebin asked, only for Jungwon to tilt his head. She realized that she'd just assumed he'd given it, and she flushed in embarrassment. "Sorry, um- never mind."

     Jungwon raised an eyebrow at her, before turning back to the waitress. "We'll take two of those mocktails."

     "Kids." Heeseung jokingly scoffed. He and Jay ordered drinks after them, which were, to put it simply- the alcoholic versions. The others then ordered the main courses, arguing a little until they came to a decision.