chapter 32.

nostalgia, thirty-two

they were worlds away

It had been a while since Jungwon saw the beach

It had been a while since Jungwon saw the beach. Sanheoli was by the mountainside, and he rarely spent his time elsewhere. Haean on the other hand, was by the seaside. He envied that sometimes.

They all stepped out of Heeseung's car, cheering excitedly as they did. Jungwon looked around the area, smiling awkwardly at the people who sent his friends weird stares. But he looked for her, of course.

As if on cue, a familiar girl pedaled into the rotunda, kicking her bike stand down with some trouble, her eyebrows furrowing in slight annoyance. Jungwon couldn't help but smile.

Yebin didn't notice them there yet, adjusting her shirt and cardigan with a nervous look on her face. He tilted his head at the scene.

"Look, it's Yebin!" Sunoo explained, prompting the boys to jog up and meet the girl. Jungwon followed suit, pretending that he hadn't seen her from the moment she biked in.

"Whoa, you guys got here early!" Yebin laughed as she greeted them.

"Someone was excited to see you." Sunghoon grinned. "Nice outfit, by the way."

"Thanks." Yebin smiled, her hands tugging the hem of her shirt down.

Jungwon thought her smile seemed- forced, but he didn't want to say anything. Instead his eyes fell to the object around her neck. "Hey, you brought your camera."

"Yeah," Yebin said. "I was planning to take some pictures by the shore."

Jake beamed. "Sounds fun, let's go!"

"This is no fun at all," Jay droned, earning murmurs of agreement from all except Niki, who was busy building a sandcastle. They were sitting out in the sand, watching Jungwon and Yebin from a distance.

The two were looked like they were worlds away from the rest of them, with Yebin taking photos of the landscape and Jungwon not being able to take his eyes off of her.