chapter 30.

nostalgia, thirty

nostalgia, thirty.
almost and nearly

It wasn't a party without teenagers sitting in a circle and waiting to play whatever scandalous game they picked out

Last year, they played spin the bottle. Yebin didn't join— not just because the game was unpredictable, but because she couldn't kiss anyone other than the boy she was in a relationship with at the time.

But that show was long over, and she found herself seated next to Jungwon as the game was being explained.

Park Jia clearly had too much to drink as she stood before the circle of students, her eyes half-closed as she held up a box of Pepero. "I think we all know where this is going."

"It's a park in the walk, guys." Jia droned on, causing Yebin to furrow her eyebrows confusedly. "I'll pick two couples to play first, okay? You just have to go closer and closer, until- boom! The couple with the shortest stick wins."

"Jaehyuk, Xiaohui, get up here," Jia did a waving motion with her hand, before pointing at two others. "Jungwon, Yebin, let's go!"

"We're not a couple-"

"Neither are they," Jia cut Jungwon off, referring to Jaehyuk and Xiaohui. She giggled. "I just picked random people!"

"Jia." Jungwon glared at her.

He then turned to Yebin with an apologetic expression. "We don't have to do this."

Yebin looked at all the people around, knowing she'd rather play than walk out in front of everybody. "It's okay. It's just a game, right?"

Her heart was going a hundred miles a minute. She didn't know what she was thinking. This is why parties are never a good idea.

Jungwon was given a Pepero stick and he put it to his mouth, biting one end. He clasped his hands behind him, holding back a smile when Yebin closed her eyes shut as she positioned herself at the other end of the stick.