chapter 15.

nostalgia, fifteen

nostalgia, fifteen.
an interesting scene

"Hey, what's up with you? You've been quiet all day

"Hey, what's up with you? You've been quiet all day."

Yang Jungwon glanced at his friends, who were staring back at him waiting for answers. He raised an eyebrow. "I'm always quiet."

"You're always either laughing or making fun of us," Heeseung corrected him. "I haven't heard one insult today."

Jungwon shrugged. "Your shirt's inside out. I just didn't want to say anything."

"Glad to know you're back to normal." Heeseung murmured, taking his blazer on the bench and wearing it to cover his shirt.

The seven boys were at their school cafeteria, grabbing some last minutes snacks before they headed home for the day- as per usual.

"So, back to what I was saying." Jay clapped to get their attention. "If we don't come up with something soon, we're going to embarrass ourselves on stage."

"Who cares? No one watches the festival concert. No one important anyway." Sunghoon said.

Jungwon was fidgeting with his hands in boredom, but immediately looked up at Sunghoon's words. "You don't know that."

His friends gave him confused looks, and Niki tilted his head. "Do you have anyone in mind?"

"No," Jungwon replied. "I just wouldn't want to ruin our reputation."

"What reputation?" Sunoo asked.

"Oh, we're a pretty big deal, you know. Everyone loves us," Jay explained, boosting his friends' ego. He then slammed his hand on the table and stopping their happy chatter. "But that'll change if we go up on stage and make fools of ourselves. We're practicing today."

"Not it," They all instinctively chorused.

Jungwon, whose mind still seemed to be elsewhere, was the only who missed the memo. The air went silent, and he cluelessly looked back at his friends, only to realize what happened. He groaned in annoyance.