chapter 21.

nostalgia, twenty-one

all for nothing

As much as Han Yebin hated to admit it, she'd do anything to impress her parents

As much as Han Yebin hated to admit it, she'd do anything to impress her parents. But it seemed more difficult every time she tried to. She knew that fixing her failing grades was the right place to start, and that was what ran through her mind as she signed up for the city's science fair during spring break.

Granted, it was one of her worst subjects, which was why she pulled another all-nighter to study all that she could.

At the early hour of seven in the morning, she threw on a comfortable jacket over her shirt and jeans, along with a baseball cap before taking off for the public library on her bike. She couldn't deny her excitement as despite her lack of sleep, she was prepared with enough research to share with her group mates. Luckily for her, they were her friends.

"Taeri, Micha!" she greeted, getting off her bike as she reached the library entrance. The two girls turned to her, having just stepped down from Micha's Porsche SUV. They smiled, walking to meet Yebin and entering the library side by side.

"Someone's happy," Taeri noted.

"Well. I haven't seen you guys all week." Yebin sighed. "Plus I studied the whole night and reread our textbooks to find project ideas."

"That sounds great, Yebin. We should find a table to- oh," Micha cut herself off after seeing the dozens of students that occupied the library. There weren't any free tables left.

Taeri looked around, her eyes landing on a table with two boys. "That's Minjun and Donghyeon, they're sophomores from Sanheoli. We can sit with them."

Yebin blinked, but she wasn't surprised. Taeri was popular and had many friends, especially on SNS.

"Mind if we sit here?" Taeri asked, and the boys shrugged, amused looks on their faces. She put her hands behind her friends' backs. "These are my friends Micha and Yebin."

"You girls are all from Haean?" one boy asked as they sat down. They nodded, and Yebin found a hand outstretched in front of her.

It was the same wavy-haired boy. "I'm Jeon Minjun."