Chapter Seven - I love you, New York!

11 September 2011

It was September, meaning that it was exactly two months until their wedding.  It was the most anticipated wedding of the year!  Probably of the century to most people.  Movies had been made about the soon to be married couple as well merchandise for the wedding.  

When Evelyn had retired from being a fashion designer, that also meant that all other collaborations she did could not have her name on it anymore.  Meaning that the fragrance that she had made with her dad had to unfortunately be taken down to just having his name on it.  But because he was the CEO of his brand, he still had one with her name on it in his office at home.  It was special to not only them but the whole family.  

Everyone who was in the fashion world knew that the beginning of September was Fashion Week in New York!  Evelyn had been invited long before she became engaged with a plus one.  The Queen allowed her to go knowing that she would be able to represent the Monarchy.  

Because William was busy with the military, she had asked Vivienne to go with her.  Eugenie  was going as well.  Chelsy wasn't much into fashion like the two of them and it was decided on her sister.

"Be safe and have a great time, all right?" Wills told her over the mobile as she was in the layover state airport.

"I will," she smiled up at him.  "I wish you were coming."

"It's alright," he shrugged his shoulders.  "We'll do New York some other time.  I promise.  I'm not much into fashion anyway unless it's one of your shows."

In the time that they had dated, Evelyn hadn't been able to show him her New York.  They were both always busy and taking holidays somewhere else.  She was hoping to take him there as well as their future children at some point, knowing they would love it too.

*

She had to admit she was excited for some girl time on their holiday to New York.  Eugenie had told her that she's been to New York and loved it.  She was actually thinking of moving there within a couple of years for a while, though Evelyn and everyone would miss her terribly.

For right now they were staying at the Westin hotel as it was in New York, New York which was closer to the building where New York Fashion Week was being held.  Everyone knew that Fashion Week in New York was a time to shine.  To wear the most amazing dresses and you could get away with it.  

For Evelyn it was a safety net.

This was her life.  It was a part of who she was.  Even now that it was no longer her profession, she was still able to show her personality through her outfits.  For tonight she decided to wear a champagne coloured beaded trapeze cocktail dress.  She paired it with her infamous nude heels that had now made it in somewhere on the pieces that were put out of fashion magazine.

Vivienne was wearing a pink lace dress and Eugenie was wearing a black dress.  

*

Yolanda Hadid was a family friend of the Bennett's, having done some modeling for Peter's brand for some dresses he used to design and even modeling women's tuxedos.  Evelyn knew that her daughter was walking the runway for Michael Kors and she couldn't be more thrilled for the young model.  She knew Yolanda was proud of all of her children.

Evelyn saw Bella walk down the runway and she clapped for her with a smile on her face.  

Evelyn clapped once Michael Kors show was over along with Vivienne and Eugenie.  They both knew they wanted to purchase some dresses they loved so they went to find his manager to speak to him.