Chapter Thirteen - Drama in the club

JULY 2007

Evelyn took her polaroid camera out and took a picture of the dresses.  Her summer line was different than her spring line.  Instead of the pastel colours that were colours she had used for her Spring 2007 line -- she used neon bright colours.  It was different.  

She was making a boho-chic Summer 2007 line with neon colours.  One of them including a neon pink denim miniskirt.  

Bits and bobs were scattered along her crystal clear desk in the open room.  Fairy lights strewn one wall on the opposite end, their candlelight offering a nice quiet light although it had no purpose for the day time.  It was mainly for looks as they often used that wall as a back drop to take pictures to post to the website.

She had taken around eighteen pictures with her pastel polaroid, setting it down on the desk.  Pictures were scattered, some slanted, some straight.  Sketches of ideas for their Fall line were scattered messily across the desk as her fashion designer, Mary-Kate, had already left for the day.

Evelyn had so much fun creating this line in particular with Mary-Kate, Antoine and her other workers with the full vibrancy of colours.  One might say they were like bright neon coloured highlighters that one would wear but Evelyn would have to disagree.  

"Hey there," her sisters cheery voice spoke up as she jumped slightly.

"Bloody hell, you scared me."

"Sorry," she laughed.  "Thought you might want to join me for a lunch break?  I don't have to go to my class until two."

"Count me in," she laughed grabbing her Chanel black purse and her sunglasses, turning the lights off in the office.

The two sisters left her building as they got in Vivienne's car and left to a little café that they often ate lunch or brunch at sometimes with each other; other times with their mum.  It was on the corner of one of their favourite streets called Melrose Café.  It was painted in a tiffany blue colour that reminded Evelyn of Breakfast at Tiffany's and held a wall of roses and carnations littering the store front door as they walked in.  You had the option of eating inside or out.  They often ate out as most of the time when they ate here in London, it was mostly sunny.  Whenever it was rainy or cold they ate elsewhere.

The two had ordered their food as Evelyn ordered creamy lemon chicken with garlic along with a fruit salad whereas Vivienne had ordered a panini sandwich.  

"How were your classes at uni?" Evelyn asked her sister after taking a bite of her food.

"Pretty well, actually.  I've just completed my classes for the year.  I'm set to graduate this Fall."

Vivienne had always known she wanted to be a midwife since the twins were born.  When she held her nephews Samuel and David, seeing the joy on Mia's face and the loving look that her brother Jake displayed for his girlfriend, nothing in Vivienne's mind could compare to that.

She worked really hard for the position in which she was in for King's College London.  Always having a fascination with babies and the birth aspect, wanting to make the expected mum to be feel at ease and feel as though in some way she contributed to the mum's birth experience.  She hadn't had any children of her own--but there was some part of her that wanted to understand what the couple were going through and she felt as though that were through midwifery.  

Being in her second year she was almost finished as she only had one more year to go, thankfully.

"That's so great, congratulations!"  Evelyn told her younger sister with a big smile on her face, happy for her successes.  "Well, you know mum and dad will be absolutely chuffed about the news and will want to throw you a big party."