Chapter One : The room was filled with love

How was I to know that this

tiny spark would spread like wildfires.

- n.r. hart

~*~

3 August 2011

Evelyn's mum was hosting a party that Carole and Pippa Middleton helped plan for Eve and William.  Because they didn't want to give anything away, of course the staff had to sign an NDA and instead of wearing white Evelyn wore a floral lace pale pink dress from Valentino.  Her hair was down in curls and her face makeup gave off an ethereal glow whereas her eyeshadow was on the mauve colour side.  She wore her favourite nude pumps and a bracelet that William had recently gifted her.  It was a champagne diamond and rose gold colour diamond mini bar bracelet by Monica Vinader.  It was simple, yet charming and went with everything.

She still couldn't believe that this was real.

That she was engaged to the most amazing guy she knew and that she was meeting with the Queen tomorrow to discuss some things regarding the wedding and some classes she had to take before she married William.

The engagement party was being held at a small Italian place in London and the couple was thankful that no paparazzi had been tipped off or spotted them yet.  It was a beautiful Saturday with the sun being out bright and early this morning.

Pretty much everyone who hadn't been to make the Kenya trip were able to make this.  

Evelyn had a lot to think about with regards to her job.  She knew she needed to have a meeting with everyone with what the future of her brand is.  But it would have to be sometime this week. Right now she just wanted to enjoy their engagement party.

Invited were just a few close friends that went with them to Kenya and their family members.

William was holding hands with Eve as she looked up at him, the room was filled with love.  He was chatting with his brother as they were discussing the latest on cricket.  There was a match that was supposed to happen tomorrow against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.  They was chatting about getting together and watching it.  

Evelyn loved most sports but she had to admit that cricket wasn't her favourite.

"Jake and Mia just got here.  I'm going to go greet them and say hi to the kiddies," she told her fiancé to which he nodded his head and looked at the entrance way and decided to go with Evelyn to greet them as well.

It had been a few weeks since the couple had seen them since Penelope was sick.

"Hey, thanks for coming guys," Evelyn greeted her brother and sister-in-law and her nephews and niece.

"We wouldn't miss this," Jake grinned after he hugged his sister and William.  "Welcome to the family."

"Thanks mate," William grinned at his soon to be brother-in-law.

William had always wanted a big family and now he was gaining five siblings.  It made his heart so full at everything that was happening for them as a couple and that he was gaining another mum.  He would always remember his mum and the fun memories that they shared but he knew that she would be happy for him.  Mia was chatting with Evelyn on how William proposed to her and Mia thought it was so romantic as they had the sunrise as their background when he got down down on one knee.  

There was a table at the entrance which was adorned with fairy lights and a few pictures of the couple.  One of them being the most recent and it was the day that he proposed to Evelyn in Kenya.  He had a proud look in his eyes as she looked like she could burst from happiness.  Their arms were wrapped around each other subtly showing off her engagement ring.