Chapter Thirteen - Special Moments

25 October 2011

It was Evelyn's baptism today and the couple had less than a month until the wedding now.  Less than four weeks.  

"Wait," William stopped his fiancé and she turned around to look at him.  "Before you go, I wanted to give you something."

"William, you didn't have to get me anything," she smiled shyly at him.

"I know but I wanted to.  Open it," he told her as he handed her the parcel.  

"Okay," she did as told and realised it was wrapped and it felt like a book.

Unwrapping the paper, she noticed it was the first Harry Potter book - The Philosopher's Stone.  She knew that William knew that she owned the first book in numerous book covers that have been made but she didn't want to be rude.

"Open it," he told her and she did as told with her eyebrows furrowed.

On the inside of the front cover was a note from none other J.K. Rowling herself and Evelyn was gobsmacked. 

Dear Evelyn,

William tells me that you are a massive fan of Harry Potter and I want to thank you for your dedication that you've had over the years.  He also tells me that you're a Gryffindor and I think I can speak for Neville Longbottom, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, the Weasley family, and Oliver Wood how proud they would be and honored to have you be in their house.  I hope someday soon we can meet.  Congratulations on your impending nuptials.  I wish you many years of happiness and love.  

Sincerely,

J.K. Rowling

"Oh my God, William," she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him deeply and he chuckled lightly at how cute her reaction was and he felt her slightly shaking due to excitement.  He brought her onto his lap as they both had sat down on the sofa to have her open the parcel.  "How did you even get J.K. Rowling to do this?"

"I have my ways," he said with a smile.  "There's more," he said handing her a much smaller parcel.

"William, you did not have to get me anything anything else!  You didn't even have to get me this."

"I know Evelyn, but I wanted to show my gratitude and this is how I knew to do so."

"Thank you," she kissed him once more before opening the smaller box and noticed the Cartier cursive writing on it and she let a sigh as she glanced up at her fiancé making him smile and his ocean blue eyes shined brightly.

Inside the jewelry box was the Cartier love bracelet in yellow gold.  

"Too much, William," she said sniffling slightly.  "Too much."

"You know the meaning behind the Cartier love bracelet?" He asked as he helped her get in on her wrist as it fit perfectly.  "It means inseparable love and the yellow gold means loyalty and fidelity in marriage.  It's embodied in the bracelet held together by two screws and 'locked' onto your wrist."

"I love you so much," Evelyn said in a blubbering mess as he smoothed out her hair and wiped her tears from her cheeks.  

"I love you, Evelyn.  I don't know if you'll ever truly know how much you mean to me."

"I think I have some idea," she quipped cheekily as he laughed slightly and shook his head.

"Come on you, we have a baptism to attend."

*

The couple was some of the first ones to arrive at St. James Palace, other than the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles as well as Camilla and lastly Prince Harry.  The Archbishop of Canterbury was there as well and he would be officiating their wedding.