Chapter Two : Polo Match

you have a place in my heart 

no one else could ever have.

f. scott fitzgerald 

~*~

Evelyn had decided to dress slightly cool but also nice.  She wore a Jasmine floral print wrap maxi dress that had light pink floral print and a flattering wrap silhouette, fluttering short sleeves and a v-neckline.  When William parked right away the couple noticed the loads of amount of paparazzi and it made Evelyn's stomach twist in knots.  William noticed immediately that something was off and took her hand in his after he turned off the car.

"Hey, it's all going to be okay."

It wasn't like this was their first altercation with the paparazzi.  That didn't mean that Evelyn didn't have ill feelings towards them though.  She could still remember the day after they found out she and William were dating and the time one of them broke into her apartment.  

"I know," she replied with a shaky breath as she gave him a slight smile.  "It's just the beginning part that always makes me anxious."

"I know, love," he let out a sigh.  He hated the damn paparazzi as well.  "Just take a deep breath and focus on me, alright?"

"Yeah," she smiled at him and leaned over the console to kiss his lips.  "All right.  I'm ready."

After they got out of the car, William walked over to his girlfriend and held her hand as they began to walk into the madness.  Shouts were being heard to the couple as they walked to the field and tent area.  William spotted two familiar faces to which he was grateful for.  

"Oh, bloody hell, I am so glad you are here," Evelyn gave the blonde a hug to which Chelsy laughed.

"Me?  I'm so glad you're here.  Literally it was daftly boring."

Over the years and the countless breakups and makeups that Harry and Chelsy had, Evelyn was still grateful for her friendship with Chelsy.  Harry and Chelsy were back on but Evelyn and William both were unsure how long it would last, no matter how much they loved the two together.

"You know," William started to say as they were all walking towards the barn.  "You'll meet part of my family while we're here."

"Really?" Evelyn asked excited.  "Who'll be here?"

Evelyn was always excited when she met some of William's family knowing how important family is to the pair.  She was slightly nervous each time, but every time she met one of the family members as part of the Firm, she grew less and less anxious every time.  Though she has met loads of his family already she hadn't met all yet as William wanted to slowly bring her into his world, making sure she was comfortable and not wanting to overdue it too quickly.  Evelyn was special to William and vise versa.  Neither one wanted to make any horrible mistakes repeats as they did early on in their relationship.

"Our cousin Zara and her fiancé Mike," William listed off while nodding his head.  "Of course, some of our friends as well."

"Well, I'm looking forward to meeting them.  I can't believe I haven't seen them since the concert that was four years ago."

"I'm kind of surprised as well, Will," Harry chimed in joking with his brother.  "What have you been doing for the past four years?  Hiding her in a tower?"

"I know," William shook his head in astonishment.  "I was so focused on you meeting the immediate family and they've both been so busy."

Evelyn knew that Zara loved horses just like she did.  Unlike Evelyn though, Zara was an equestrian.