Chapter Eleven - The Late Princess Diana's Concert

July 1st, 2007

Today was a big step in her friendship with William.  Not only would she get to meet some of his family there but she would know him on a much personal level as well.  She was anxious.  Evelyn had decided to wear a bright yellow sundress and tan wedges for shoes.  She had long tresses down in soft waves, flawless skin, a small winged eyeliner with her eyelashes coated in black mascara.  

It was a nice day and Evelyn wanted to be comfortable as the concert was going to be at Wembley Stadium.  Once she felt she looked good enough, she left the apartment and headed to Clarence House where she would be arriving to Wembley Stadium with William, Harry and Chelsy.  Her family meeting them there.

*

As they were at their destination, Wembley Stadium, William turned to her with all seriousness.  Any sense of humour that he had was now gone and only concern was held in his blue eyes.

"If at any point you feel as though it's too much or you get slightly overwhelmed tell me, alright?  I love my family but meeting loads of them at once can be a bit much for some."

"I will," she nodded her head giving him a smile.  "Now come on, you, let's go in already," she said excitedly as she unbuckled her seatbelt.  

"All right, all right," he laughed shaking his head as they both walked out the car.

Before arriving, the night before, William had briefed Evelyn on how to formally greet his Granny, the Queen, and certain members of the Royal family.  It was going to be a lot but Evelyn was quite excited about the day.  Knowing that Chelsy would be there as well made her feel a bit better about everything.  She would be meeting the majority of his family today -- the Queen, cousins Princess Eugenie and Beatrice of York, their mother Sarah, Duchess of York, Zara and Peter Phillips, Mike Tindall and Autumn Kelly.  He advised her the best he could.  She would also be meeting members of the Spencer family as well as his ex-girlfriend, Kate Middleton, and her family.

"You must be the famous Evelyn," a tall blonde commented at Evelyn as she was with a very muscular man next to her.  Both of them holding hands.

After introductions were made Evelyn found out that Zara was an equestrian and an Olympian and that Mike was a rugby player.

"Have you ever been to a game before?" he asked her curious.

"I haven't," she shook her head.

"Well, if you're ever interested you should come to one of my games."

"Will do," she smiled at the guy.

It wasn't until later that William had found out that his Granny was at the stadium.

"Granny," William called for his grandmother once she was done talking to someone Evelyn didn't know.  "I have someone I want you to meet.  This is Evelyn Bennett."

Evelyn curtsied to the Queen, "Your Majesty."

The Queen was impressed with her curtsy as she smiled at the young blonde.

"Are you the fashion designer whom William went to your show months back?"

"Yes, ma'am," she nodded her head.  "My brother, Eric, is in the same unit as William and we had met a couple times before."

"I must say your line for this year was very nice.  I was quite pleased with the turn out."

She had no idea that the Queen had known about her or her fashion line.  She supposed she needed to if her grandson was friends with her.  Blushing, she took the compliment.