Chapter Twenty-two : A winter wonderland wedding

12 DECEMBER 2011

William and Evelyn had been married for exactly a month.  

The married couple ended up buying an English Cocker Spaniel from James named Zeus.  He was full of energy and definitely kept the couple on their toes.  It wasn't until he chewed some of William's shoes that they realised they needed to take him to puppy training.  They decided to bring him along as they were staying at her parents home for the weekend trip home.  

William was able to get time off from work as he had asked for it before the couple moved there.

"All set?" William asked his wife and she nodded her head with a smile.

"Yeah," she had a small overnight bag packed with clothes and had her two dresses she would wear to the wedding and the rehearsal dinner for the night before.  

"Zeus," William called out for the month old puppy who was getting bigger and bigger everyday. Minutes later, you could hear his nails scratching along the wood floor which made the couple grin.  It was almost as if he were tap dancing.  "Come here buddy."

Zeus came to a halt and William put his collar on and Evelyn opened up their door as Zeus walked out with his owners right behind him.  Though he was only a puppy, he was really smart and was able to walk without a leash and not run off without William or Evelyn.  Evelyn had to be honest she was thankful for this as not all of her family dogs before had been like this.  

While they were in London, she went to TK Maxx with her mum and sister.  Even though their home was decorated with Christmas decor, she still wanted to go in and look.  Maybe even buy a few more items.  They always shopped at TK Maxx, Homesense and Aldi's for decorations.  They also did some high end shopping for decor for the holiday's and even online shopping from stores in the states that shipped to the UK.  It's where she bought her Halloween decorations as well as some other shops in the UK as well.  

Their home in Wales right now was decorated in Christmas decor which made it warm and cosy.  Evelyn loved to decorate their home for the holiday's and William loved it as well.  Once they were all settled into William's car they were off to Evelyn's parents home.  

*

Evelyn was glad that she was only going to be a guest and not part of Kate's wedding party.  Though, they had grown close and were actually like sister's, she didn't want there to be any drama about her "stealing Kate's thunder."  They all knew that the tabloids liked to twist and turn things and they didn't want to give them any reason why they should.  

Even though they were newlyweds, they didn't like to display public affection for the cameras to catch, if they could help it.  Sometimes they couldn't help it, but they liked to reserve that for just them.  Over the years as they dated, they began to think more and more like this.  

For the evening rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding and reception it was no ring no bring which Evelyn had to admit she was a little relieved at.  Her dress was designed by Jenny Packham and it was a midnight blue colour.  It was a beautiful star crystal-belted gown that features short sleeves and crystal embellishments along the waist.  It was a knee length dress and whilst some dresses could look odd on her sometimes since she wasn't the tallest like Kate, but she was pretty fit, which William appreciated.  Especially her lean legs.  

Recently, Evelyn's personal trainer had come out and given a brief overview of what the duchess' fitness plan was for her lean legs, with of course the blessing of the couples.  Her personal trainer would never compromise her relationship with them, the rest of their staff felt the same way.