Chapter Five : Just think of tonight the rest disappears

William was going to be leaving for training again and Evelyn wanted to do something special for him.  Right now he was at an engagement for one of the charities he was apart of and wouldn't be back until later.  She was thankful for the alone time sometimes as too much togetherness drove her mad though she loved him.  She needed her own space and he needed his.

Evelyn was spending time with her family right now over at her parents home as she was excited about tonight.

They had been so busy lately with their holiday, Zara and Mike's wedding, and the charity engagements William attended whilst he was back home.  They just needed a night in to enjoy each other before he was off to training again.

"How long will William be away this time?" Natasha asked her daughter as she sipped her lavender and honey tea.

"A couple months," she told her mother as she also sipped her tea, still missing when Bran would come trotting up to her whilst she was sitting on the sofa and lay his head down on her lap.  Their family dog having passed away a year ago due to old age.  It was hard on everyone and it even hurt William as he had come to have a close bond with the dog over the years of dating Evelyn.  Always taking Bran to the park with Evelyn, going on runs with him.  He would even take him hunting with him and the family.  Because he didn't have a dog of his own he loved Bran and was saddened when he didn't get to say his final goodbye to him due to being away with the military.

She was getting used to William being away though.  After four year of dating she kind of had to.  It was hard to at first but as the months and years went on she grew more and more okay with it knowing he was serving his country and making his family proud.

"Well, we're still going have to have a going away party for him before he leaves in a couple days.  Would that be alright?"

"I think he would really like that.  Have you heard from Mia and Jake on how Penelope is doing?"

Penelope was their two year old daughter who had just recently come down with a cold.  Evelyn loved her little niece and spoiled her rotten.  Her excuse was that it was her duty as an aunt which received eye rolls every time Jake saw her wearing something new or holding a new toy and book.  Jake and Mia got married a year after he proposed to her and they married in May 2008 as they did a destination wedding in Hawaii.  Penelope was born that year in June - Mia was heavily pregnant when they married but she didn't mind.  She thought it was a blessing as they had been trying for two years prior with no avail.  Evelyn called Penelope their rainbow baby as they were disappointed each time and even had a miscarriage in between.

"Jake said that Penny is feeling a bit better but is still going to keep giving her the medication the doctor prescribed until she finishes them.  He's not sure if he it would be best to see William before he leaves - not wanting anyone else to get sick."

"I understand," Evelyn replied sad that they wouldn't be able to make it.  "Whose invited?"

"Just close friends and family," Natasha told her with a smile.  "I've already talked it over Charles and Camilla and they said they would be able to make it.  William has no clue, right?"

"None at all," she grinned.  "He still thinks we are going out to the club tomorrow night."

"He's not going to be disappointed is he?"

"Not at all, mum.  He loves you all and will love that you put this party together for him."

Though the Bennett family never had anyone in their family serve in the military before, besides Eric, they had been very supportive of William and Eric being in the military.  

"Well, though they won't be coming, Vivienne did say she was bringing someone with her."

"Really?  This is the first I've heard of this.  Any idea who it is?"