Irrational Cat

After your first day living with Aizawa, he had received a text from Detective Tsukauchi, reading "Eraser, call when you have a moment. It's about Eiko."

Aizawa had gone to the rooftop to take the call, once you were asleep.

"Tsukauchi, what did you find in the interrogation of Eiko's uncle?"

Tsuakauchi's voice spoke through the phone. "A lot of things aren't adding up. For one thing, the man who claimed to be Eiko's uncle appears to have a forged identity. His real name is Taro Teshima, no apparent relation to Eiko at all. But he wasn't the one who forged a new identity... someone was behind it all, paying him to raise Eiko."

Aizawa glowered at the nighttime lights of the cityscape "Explain"

"Well, we still don't know very much, but I'll tell you everything the interrogation uncovered. This pretended "uncle" has always had alcoholic tendencies so he had trouble keeping a job. When someone approached him with the offer of covering all his living expenses if he'd raise the child according to their directions, he agreed."

"What directions?"

"They asked him to be tough on her, to turn her into someone desperate. And they also requested that he persuade her to hate her quirk," Tsukauchi informed him, dislike in his usually businesslike tone.

Aizawa's grip tightened on the phone, eyes narrowing. "Who is this...person?"

"We don't know. This...abuser.. never knew his name or saw him except when he was covering himself with a hoodie and face mask. We'll keep investigating... there's so many red flags about this situation but we don't have all the information we need to put it all together."

Aizawa silently agreed. The most dangerous enemy was one you had no information on. He didn't like that you were at the center of it all, and you didn't even know it.

Tsukauchi continued "Well, we have a DNA sample from Eiko and from this imposter uncle. We have a pretty good DNA information bank on from criminals. And with quirk DNA analysis... we might be able to figure out who Eiko's biological parents are. It could provide leads on how she ended up in the situation you found her in, and on who is responsible for doing this to her. I'll keep you updated."

Aizawa approved "Thanks Tsukauchi,"

"No problem," the detective replied "It'll take a couple weeks for the lab to process the DNA samples. Until then," he hung up a moment later.

Over the next couple of weeks, Aizawa focused his entire attention on helping you adjust to your new life. He would do so calmly and rationally. There was one problem...the more he noticed ways that your past impacted you, the more he developed a simmering anger against your past guardian.

He knew that you could shift between your normal cat-eared form and your fully human form at will, but he'd started to notice that you hid your cat ears whenever you got nervous or whenever you went out in public. When he asked you the reason for this, you'd flinched and instinctively made your cat ears vanish from your messy black hair as you looked down at the ground. Aizawa stared at you with concern as you admitted "my uncle always warned me to not show my quirk.."

The flinch in your reaction told Aizawa all he needed to know. So that was it... there had been a destructive pattern to what set off your uncle's dangerous temper. A focus on making you ashamed of your quirk, like Tsukauchi had said. Anger simmered in him, but he refocused. What mattered now was helping you. You started in surprise as Aizawa placed a hand on your head. The gesture was so unexpected that you looked up and met his gaze.

"Kid, there is nothing wrong with your quirk. You don't have to hide it from anyone, ever. Your uncle was wrong to make you feel otherwise," his tone was calm and firm.