Irrational Future

So there you were... in Principle Nezu's office. It was kind of crowded in the small room. In addition to the mouse across the desk and Aizawa and Tsukauchi sitting next to you... A tall businessman glared down at you. He kind of looked like a lawyer.

Principle Nezu noticed your discomfort and spoke up cheerfully

"Eiko, this is Sir Nighteye, a pro hero with a special skill... one that may clear your name."

You nodded warily.

"Nice to meet you. Are you a lawyer?"

He scowled. Which was kind of weird because he'd already been scowling, so it was like... scowl squared.

"Sir Nighteye runs an agency for hero work, not law," Nezu interjected.

You looked back at the scowling man.

"Sounds busy... thanks for taking my case," you offered.

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Eiko, he's not a lawyer."

"But he has a briefcase!"

Aizawa sighed tiredly.

(art by Icebear)

You looked back at the Mr. Scowls, or Nighteye, you supposed he was called, and tried again.

"So... Sir, what skill are you going to use to help clear my name?"

He looked entirely unamused by how the conversation was going.

"My quirk allows me to see into a person's future. I could verify that you're on a path to becoming a responsible hero... assuming that's true."

You frowned at him, not liking his tone, and started to feel fired up.

"Really? What are we waiting for? Go ahead an look! Because I know that I'm going to become a hero."

He glared back.

"There are risks, child. You may learn things you don't want to learn. And the future that I see cannot ever be changed."

The chilling finality in his voice annoyed you.