Irrational Highschool

Your first day at UA.

You and Shinsou biked there together. You glanced at him as he focused on the road ahead, wind ruffling his hair. Despite not getting admitted to the hero course, he seemed like his usual dry humored self ever since talking with Aizawa. You wondered what they'd talked about.

 You wondered what they'd talked about

Shinsou met your eyes quizzically. "What?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Uh-" you quickly changed topic "Race you there!"

You were shooting down the road ahead before Shinsou could respond.

"Eiko" Shinsou muttered, but he put on a burst of speed and did his best to catch up.

You were both out of breath when you entered the school. Shinsou consulted his papers.

"Looks like I'm headed this way," he gestured towards the hallway to the right. You were going the other way. You felt a pang, but you managed to flash a smile.

"Okay, see you after school!"

Shinsou gave you an amused glance and turned away, raising a hand in a "later" gesture.

"1-B..." you read off of your paper. Aizawa had arranged for you to be in the other class so that you could learn from someone else for a change, and so that he didn't get complaints of favoritism. You couldn't wait to get started.

Aizawa's point of view.

He hadn't slept well, thinking about Eiko starting school today. He'd gotten up early to prepare lessons, then left for UA before she woke up, leaving a note and breakfast for her.

Whether it was his lack of sleep or his tenseness about Eiko going to UA, he wasn't exactly a ray of sunshine when meeting his new class.

He scared the green haired kid and the girl he was chatting with near the door, and told them off for wasting time socializing. He tested their fitness mercilessly. The green haired kid had the mentality Aizawa hated- he was willing to break his own bones just to succeed in the fitness test. Aizawa erased his quirk and threatened him out of breaking his arms. The kid figured out a way to minimize self-damage and remain functional, so Aizawa decided to give him a chance. Better to train the kid himself than to have him go out and break his arms with other teachers.

Just as everyone was settling back into their classroom seats, Vlad King threw open the door. Aizawa glanced at him in annoyance.

"Vlad?"

Then he noticed you standing behind Vlad with a sheepish expression. He pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly.

"What happened?"

Vlad answered.

"Remember that new student who wanted to be in my class because of my experience with training similar quirks?"

"Yes" Aizawa stared impatiently.

"He's deathly allergic to cats. So we're transferring Eiko to 1-a."

Aizawa glowered.