Irrational Past

On a gray, rainy day fourteen years before class 1-A existed... before you were given the name Eiko... a day that you'd been too young to remember...

A loud sound shocked you into kitten form. Then you'd seen your parents sprawled on the ground. They wouldn't move, even when you batted them with your paws. You were less than two years old, and didn't understand what was happening.

Eventually, dizzy with hunger, you wandered out into the rain. You mewed, a pitiful sound. No one heard. Rain pelted down on you in a steady drizzle, chilling through your wet fur, causing you to shiver as you waded through a puddle.

You could collapse from exhaustion at any moment. You spotted a cardboard box nearby. Using the last of your strength, you clawed your way up the side and tumbled into it. One of the walls offered a bit of shelter from the fine drizzle, so you snuggled against it and promptly fell into a cold, wet, sleep. The rain continued.

In a daze, you woke up to see a high school boy looking down at you through a mop of black hair. Your ears twitched at the musical sound of rain bouncing off his umbrella, as he regarded you with dark eyes. You shivered, then blinked at him. It was hard to read his expression. Finally, he crouched and placed the umbrella over your box. The musical sound of rain bouncing off of the umbrella grew louder as it became your roof. The boy headed back out into the rain.

You went back to sleep a bit more comfortably

You'd only been asleep a little while when a boisterous voice woke you again.

"HEY is that Aizawa's umbrella?"

Running footsteps, the umbrella lifted, and the space above the box was filled with a new boy's face. He exuded confidence and enthusiasm. Grinning bright blue eyes, untamably floofy ash blue hair. He registered surprise at the sight of you shivering in the box, then glanced towards the umbrella in his hand.

"So THAT'S why Shota left this." he shot you a knowing grin. "But let's bring it back to him, yeah?" he reached in a pulled you up with large, warm hands.

 "But let's bring it back to him, yeah?" he reached in a pulled you up with large, warm hands

"You're so tiny that you could fit in my shirt pocket!" he laughed "but this will be warmer." He clumsily tucked you into his shirt. It was like being in a tent. You snuggled into the small of his back, soaking in the heat he radiated.