Irrational Teenagers

Author's note: this was one of my favorite chapters to write, I don't even know why. :)

Kirishima's point of view

"Hey Bakubro!" he yelled. "We're eating. You coming?"

He nudged open the door of Bakugou's room. The blonde was sitting on the floor, facing away. He was doing curls with a handweight but his heart didn't seem to be in it.

"You okay, man?" Kirishima pushed the door open farther and walked in. "You seem kind of distracted."

"Stupid-hair... stay out of my room."

Kiri held up his hands placatingly.

"Woah, dude, I've been in your room before. What's going on?" He glanced around. "Also, have you seen Eiko? She came to get the cooler but never came back."

"Yeah I saw her," Bakugou snapped harshly.

Kiri recoiled in surprise, hesitated, then slowly walked towards Bakugou.

"Did something happen?"

Bakugou was silent for a moment.

"She told me that I trigger her PTSD or something. And then she jumped out the window and left." He curled the hand weight furiously, glaring at the ground.

Kiri's eyes widened.

"That doesn't sound like Eiko to cause a scene... what upset her?"

Bakugou scowled.

"I told her that she shouldn't trust that brainwash guy."

Kiri was flabbergasted.

"What? Why? They bike to school together all the time. They must be close. No wonder she was mad."

"Because," Bakugou growled, "Disaster follows everywhere he goes, but he always has an excuse. The USJ attack, cat ears getting thrown in jail... he's always connected somehow, watching everything happen with that smug grin."

Kiri scratched the back of his neck.

"That doesn't really sound like proof. Are you sure about this, Bakubro?"

Bakugou glowered in silence.

"Okay, okay" Kiri shrugged. "You were trying to look out for her, but she got upset. So, what are you going to do?"

"She can't stand being around me. She said when I yell... she doesn't feel safe. What am I supposed to do? I can't just be all emotionless, like icy-hot, or tail."

Kiri looked at Bakugou in surprise. Bakugou was taking this really seriously, trying to figure out how to be someone you liked.

He sat down on the floor next to Bakugou.

"Maybe she just doesn't understand you. I know you're intense because you care about everything you do, but Eiko might think you're about to punch someone."

"How am I supposed to make someone understand me?"

"Well, with Eiko... I think you need to be really gentle, man. I know you have a soft side, so maybe show it a bit more. Then she'll realize what you're all about, and feel less scared when you get intense," Kiri considered aloud.

He glanced sideways and saw Bakugou scribbling notes into in a notebook. Kiri hid a smile. Bakugou really did hide so much of his personality behind his constant yelling. He was intense, that was for sure, but he was also studious, disciplined, and extremely caring. Maybe Eiko was the wake up call he needed to start communicating better.