Irrational Bakusquad

You stood on Bakugou's mansion of a doorstep, getting stared down by Lord Explosion himself.

"I thought you were grounded or something," he said after a moment.

"I wasn't grounded," you snapped "I can go places, dad just has to be with me. To... help with my quirk," you added the last part sulkily. You didn't actually agree with the necessity of Aizawa's constant watchfulness, but you weren't going to admit that to Bakugou.

He observed you a moment longer, then glanced around. "So where is he?"

You flushed.

"It's not a 24/7 thing."

You weren't completely lying- after all, you had been given this hour.

"Come in then," Bakugou invited, turning and walking inside without waiting for you.

"Eiiiiikooooooo!" You heard Mina before you saw her, and then she was barreling towards you and throwing her arms around your neck in happiness. "YOU CAME!"

You laughed, hugging her back.

"I've missed hanging with you Mina!"

She pouted. "Yeah! You've been so hard to get ahold of since the sports festival. What happened?"

You were saved from having to answer as a blonde pikachu boy bounced into the room.

"Hi Eiko!" he yelled excitedly. "It worked!"

"What worked?" you frowned. Kaminari scratched his neck, laughing uneasily and blushing. "Haha well..."

"That's why he was being dumb," Mina explained. "He was moping that you weren't here but he said he'd been spamming you with texts so much that he didn't want to send even more. He seemed convinced that you would come if I texted you." She stuck her tongue out at Denki cheekily. "Looks like you were right, Sparky!"

You hastily explained

"It wouldn't have mattered who texted me guys, I just happened to have this hour free. And sorry Denki, I was planning to reply sometime."

When I remembered, you added silently, flushing.

It wasn't that you didn't appreciate his friendship, you just would rather talk to people in person, or even on the phone, than send random texts back and forth.

But Denki didn't seem to mind. His eyes sparkled with excitement as he bounded up to you and turned your hug with Mina into a group hug. His hand brushed around your waist, making you yelp and jerk away ticklishly, laughing at your friends antics. Bakugou smacked Denki across the head with a book he'd grabbed from somewhere, and Denki started whining.

"Where's Kiri?" you asked Mina, glancing around. "He's starting up the grill," Mina grinned. "Said he didn't need help."

"Where's the grill?"

You glanced around the spacious room, noting the large flat-screen TV with several beanbags and game controllers strewn in front of it, and the large and well lit kitchen. A large spiral staircase led up, and several hallways and doors led in various directions.

"Come on!" Mina tugged you along, leaving the quarreling boys behind. "I'll show you!"

She led you down a hallway and out a glass door into the yard. Near the house it was flat and rounded stones set into a matching reddish cement, and further out it was immaculate green lawn, trees, flowers, and a swimming pool off to the side. Kiri had the grill set up on the stone part.

"Hi Eiko!" he greeted, flashing a bright shark-toothed grin. "Is Mina showing you around instead of Bakugou?"

Mina chuckled. "Yeah, Bakugou's beating up Kaminari right now."