Irrational Incident

What a rollercoaster this weekend was turning out to be! Yesterday, you'd had your first guitar lesson with uncle Mic and met your first friend! You hoped you'd see the purple haired boy at school tomorrow. Meanwhile, it was Sunday and you had a meeting with the social workers who were overseeing the adoption process. You hurried to get ready and come downstairs. Aizawa was waiting for you. You stopped short and stared. He looked so... classy. Clean shaven, hair combed and gelled back, and he even had on a suit. "Woah," you gawked.

He gave you a dry glance

He gave you a dry glance. "Are you ready?"

"Yep!" you replied, happy as you remembered that it was all part of making the adoption become official.

It wasn't a long drive. Once there, Aizawa was asked to wait while you went into a room and talked to a counselor, a social worker, and a couple other people in turn. They asked you about how you were settling in, and about your well being, and some other random questions that sounded like a test of some sort. You just answered everything honestly, telling them how Aizawa helped you with your nightmares and stuff.

Then it was your turn to wait outside, while they talked with Aizawa. You fidgeted in your chair, restless.

Aizawa's point of view

"Eraserhead," said the social worker at the desk in front of him, "this is quite the undertaking, you do realize?" Aizawa took in her question with a neutral expression, noticing the psychologist standing beside her and wondering the reason for his presence.

"I'm aware," he replied evenly. The social worker and psychologist glanced at each other, then the psychologist spoke.

"It seems that because of her traumatic past, Eiko suffers from PTSD. In her case, this means that strongly unpleasant feelings and memories will resurface, sometimes at random and sometimes when triggered. She will need consistent support and a sense of security with her condition."

The social worker spoke up.

"Your situation isn't the ideal for childcare. Single parenthood is difficult, and you seem to have an extremely busy career with hero work and teaching. We know of several other situations which might better suit her. What makes you think that you are prepared to support Eiko the way she needs?"

Aizawa met their gazes evenly, suppressing his glower. Once, he might have agreed with that evaluation. But now... he stood, staring into their eyes.

"In the past few weeks, Eiko has made immense progress. She no longer hides her quirk. She has started to think for herself, and develop her own preferences and interests... She even befriends others. I am aware that she still hasn't overcome all her challenges. But to move her now, at the risk of interrupting her progress, would be irrational."

He lowered his stare in a mild glower.