Irrationally Bravery

Katsumi Shinsou watched Bakugou blast away skyward to go search for a paramedic or hospital

Now or never.

He stepped out into the open.

"Hitoshi."

His son's eyes narrowed. Holding Eiko in his arms. Katsumi frowned at the bandages. What had happened to you?

"Hitoshi," he spoke calmly, soothingly. "All for One is going to win this war. The best option is to join him. Please... come back to me."

Hitoshi's icy expression made Katsumi step back.

"You have no right to ask that. No right to advise me. Get out of the way."

Katsumi winced.

"Hitoshi, please listen. I want what's best for you, son."

"I am not your son," Hitoshi snarled, violet flaming in his eyes. "You are a stranger to me."

Stranger... the word reverberated through his mind. Stranger. All those years, watching from the shadows. Time lost. Time wasted.

Katsumi's world crumbled around him as Hitoshi walked away.

That was it? That was all? Yes, of course that was all. He'd been deluding himself. He had no relationship with his son.

Hitoshi Shinsou's point of view

He'd known it would happen eventually. Confronting his father. He'd expected to feel more... something, anything. But all he felt in that moment was indifference.

His world wasn't centered around the person who'd ignored him. It was centered around all the people who had stuck by him and helped him become the person he was now: Amaya, his mom, Aizawa Sensei, and you. Nothing mattered more in this moment than saving you.

The destruction taking place was unparalleled. Bridges torn up, skyscrapers leveled, rubble flying around with tornado force winds, fires in the distance.

Each step was getting harder but he wouldn't give up. He finally had you back in his arms.

Suddenly, everything stilled, and Shinsou pressed you against a nearby wall to shelter you as everything that had been flying through the sky came crashing down. He looked up to see All for One floating towards him in a cloud of power.

"Boy," All for One mused, "You look familiar. Ah. Katsumi Shinsou's son. No need to die then. Put the girl down."

Shinsou held you tighter.

"Why should I?"

"That twice traitor must pay with her life. Already, her body is rejecting death and regenerating, healing the fatal wound. Once that's finished, she'll be on her last life, and I can end her."

"Go to hell," Shinsou snarled.

"Childish," All for One's eyes blazed. With a flick of his wrist a bolt of power crackled towards Shinsou who rolled out of the way with you. All for one levitated several nearby pieces of rubble and hurtled them towards Shinsou like bullets. Too fast to move you out of the way.