Attack on the USJ

Hi guys!! Many of you have commented in anticipation of how this chapter would go, so I'm excited to give it to you. After starting a new semester, recovering from a cold, and rewatching the USJ incident episodes (only to completely rewrite the original plot), here we go!

You bounced with excitement in your bus seat.

"Chill Eiko," Jiro said, eyes closed as she leaned back to nap.

"I can't!" you whispered excitedly. "We're going to the USJ, which I've heard about FOREVER from dad and Mic!"

You grinned cheekily and shrugged.

Everyone was roasting Bakugo for being hotheaded, and Deku looked confused and dazed by the turn of events. You laughed at his expression.

When everyone unloaded from the bus, you finally got to enter the big domed structure of the USJ. You bounced excitedly on the balls of your feet, earning an amused eye roll from Jiro. Thirteen, a hero in some sort of space suit, was giving you all an orientation for the rescue training. Aizawa was looking around tiredly, frowning. Your attention faded away from the orientation and focused on him. What was he restless about? You vaguely remembered him saying that Allmight was supposed to sub for Mic today. But Allmight wasn't here. No wonder Aizawa looked irritated. After a brief conversation with Thirteen, Aizawa announced that they would start the rescue training.

As he was speaking, you heard something. A staticy sound, super high pitched, undetectable to most ears. Your cat ears pricked towards it and your eyes widened slightly.

Aizawa noticed immediately and turned to check what you were sensing.

As you watched, a dark plasma swirled in the air, expanding, until a hand reached through.

___

Mic's point of view.

Mic was in the teacher's lounge, well, lounging.

Nezu was trying to entice him to drink tea.

"I don't drink that- plant water," Mic scoffed. "Now, if you had a soda, maybe..." he looked at Nezu with childish hopefulness.

Nezu shook his head disapprovingly.

"You'll never keep your coat healthy with caffeinated sugary beverages."

"My coat will stay plenty healthy," Mic assured. "I get it dry cleaned every month."

Allmight entered the room, and immediately deflated into his weak form.

Mic stared aghast, and then stood up so fast that his sunglasses went askew.

"Toshinori! I thought you were going to sub for me at the USJ rescue training today!"

"Sorry, Yamada," Allmight looked chastened. "I'll be over there in just a bit."

Nezu tapped the paper he was reading, showing Allmight's several stops to do hero work on his way to UA.

"We need you to prioritize the students, Allmight. You have limited stamina and you're overworking yourself."

"Nooo" Allmight laughed "I'll be fine!" he popped into his muscle form.

"Yeah, right" Mic said sarcastically, noting the steam coming off of him already.

A moment later Allmight poofed back to weak form.

While Nezu proceeded to give Allmight a lecture, Mic called Shota to see if he needed help. He'd have to miss his dentist appointment if he helped at the USJ, but he felt bad that his sub couldn't make it.

The call went straight to voicemail. Weird. He tried calling thirteen. Same result. Mic frowned.

"Toshinori, how soon can you go to the USJ? I think something is wrong..."