Irrational Entrance Exam

This is part 14 of the ongoing Irrational Series!  Thank you so much for your support- listening and commenting- I couldn't have done it without you. Enjoy!

Aizawa woke up to the sound of someone shredding guitar. He groaned tiredly and sat up. 5 am. OF COURSE you were shredding guitar at 5am.

He wandered out into the living room, slowly pulling his hair into a ponytail "Eiko, what did I tell you about quiet hours..."

He trailed off at the sight before him. It wasn't you shredding guitar. It was Mic. His eye twitched in irritation.

You and Mic turned to look at him with identical innocent smiles, Mic's hands still in playing position, and you were holding your guitar loosely in your hand to the side.

"Care to explain the 5am guitar lesson, Mic?" Aizawa asked icily.

"Well... " Mic looked sheepish "Eiko texted me about half an hour ago to ask when we could jam again, and since she was awake..." Mic grinned impossibly wide, as though his smile was his best defense. "I figured some guitar jamming was the perfect way to kick off her exam day."

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly. It was going to be one of those days... he could tell already.

Two hours and one breakfast later, you felt flutters of excitement in your stomach as you walked into the UA testing area, and saw hundreds and hundreds of other hopeful students also flocking into the auditorium

Two hours and one breakfast later, you felt flutters of excitement in your stomach as you walked into the UA testing area, and saw hundreds and hundreds of other hopeful students also flocking into the auditorium. A familiar shock of violet purple hair stood out among the crowd.

"HITOSHI!" he turned slightly at your yell, eyes meeting yours.

You squeezed through the crowd and grasped his shoulder, grinning.

"Ready?"

"I guess so," he smiled ironically. You could tell he was nervous. His quirk, although powerful against people, would be useless in a test against robots. You'd invited him to join you in training with Aizawa many times but he always turned the offer down. He said he didn't want to interfere with your training, but there was clearly a bit of his shyness of Aizawa factoring in.

So you and him had devised a plan to help him succeed, relying heavily on support items. You hoped you'd be there to back him up.

Mic was the one introducing the exam to all of you, which made you feel immediately more at ease.

"Are you ready??" Mic yelled excitedly, holding a hand to his ear for the crowd's reaction.

"Yeah!" you yelled enthusiastically. You were late to notice that you were the only one who responded... everyone turned to stare. Your face burned and you sat quickly, sinking into your seat.

"Someone has spirit at least!" Mic yelled. "Let's get into it!"

Hitoshi chuckled, and you punched his arm.

You and Hitoshi already knew the exam rules. You frowned when you got your assigned testing area. There were two possible testing sites, and Hitoshi was in the other one. Still, he went with his group without hesitation, acting confident.