Irrational Memories

No news for days. Shinsou spent too much time staring up at the ceiling. When he wasn't zoned out, he was obsessively speed reading news channels and articles for any clue about your whereabouts. If only there were something more he could do...

He answered his phone immediately at the sight of Aizawa's caller ID.

"Shinsou. If you're willing to try something... we have a lead."

His heart leapt.

"Anything," Shinsou gripped the phone.

"Thought you'd say that. Meet me at my house tomorrow morning. Bring your voice modifying mask."

Curiosity sparked.

"What is this plan?"

"You'll see," Aizawa replied softly.

Mic watched Aizawa hang up. "Are you sure about this Sho?"

Aizawa was silent for a moment.

"It's our best chance."

"No, I wasn't talking about the strategy, I was talking about-" he hesitated, "facing Shirakumo."

"It has to be done. For Eiko... and for him."

The news from Hawks report was still fresh in their mind. Aizawa and Mic had been stunned to learn that you were the cat they'd looked after with Shirakumo. Aizawa felt a mix of emotions. Disbelief. Relief that the cat hadn't died... but also sorrow. If he hadn't lost track of you, then you wouldn't have gone through years of abuse.

Mic's perspective was different. He called it a miracle. Even after losing track of you, Aizawa had found you again and adopted you. Miracle? Aizawa wasn't sure. He just knew that he wouldn't let them villains take you again. He wouldn't let them use you- destroy you- for their plans.

And as for Shirakumo...

"What if he's too far gone?" Mic asked gently. Mic had gone through the grieving process within the years following Shirakumo's disappearance. And, as the years passed, he'd worried about Aizawa... who had never seemed to let go.

Aizawa's grip tightened around the goggles in his hand.

"I can't accept that... not until I've tried everything."

Mic nodded slowly. There wasn't much he could say to that.

"Allright, Sho. I'll be there to back you up."

"Good."

Your Point of View

Adrift... as a new person... Leaving rationality behind. Following whims like leaves blowing on the wind. Fanning the flames of your temper. They flared up, hotter and hotter, as though every annoyance was gasoline on the flames.

Shigaraki squinted, sneered, through his black eye as you drew back your first again.

But someone caught your arm, stopping you before the impact.

You looked up and saw All for One's cold expression.

"Eiko. Walk with me."

You hesitated, still adrift on the heat of anger before standing abruptly, releasing Shigaraki. Shigaraki scrambled to his feet, wiping his bloody nose on his sleeve with a glare. How many times had you punched him? The first punch had knocked aside that stupid disembodied hand. After that... you'd lost count. His nose looked broken.

You hurried to catch up to All for One's calm walking pace. He pressed a button, and the elevator doors opened. "After you," he offered graciously. You squirmed uncomfortably on the silent ride up. Had you gone too far? All for One was impossible to read. You watched the numbers light up as you passed each floor, until it slowed and stopped. The doors opened up to the rooftop. Your eyes widened in light of sunset. The real sky... you hadn't seen it since joining the villains.